Which MMA fighters have the shortest necks and are there any advantages

Antimony

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
The only fighters that I can think of that have noticeably short necks are Yoel Romero and DC. There has to be some advantages. The only ones I can think of are not easy to implement guillotine choke and rear naked chokes on you.

paul harris and brock lesnar

The only fighters that I can think of that have noticeably short necks are Yoel Romero and DC. There has to be some advantages. The only ones I can think of are not easy to implement guillotine choke and rear naked chokes on you.

You know what they say about people who have short necks......

I'm not sure if Scott technically had a neck

image_crop.php

How the hell did Bohlander choke him?

There has to be some advantages. The only ones I can think of are not easy to implement guillotine choke and rear naked chokes on you.

I think fighters with no neck tend to have better chins. They usually have huge traps and big head, I guess it amortizes the shots better.

Provodnikov in boxing is a good example, he has an iron chin, look at the flush shots he survived in Matthysse fight alone:

If he had a huge neck his head would probably bounce around like on elastic.

John Lineker has zero neck. Can take a huge punch. Nate Daiz has a giraffe neck and can take a punch.

John Lineker has zero neck. Can take a huge punch. Nate Daiz has a giraffe neck and can take a punch.

Yeah but with fighters with no necks you can be like at least 80% sure they don't have glass chins.

How easy would it be to punch an ostrich in the head and knock it out?

image.jpeg Farmer Burns is claimed to have a lengendary neck and could hang himself and whistle a tune? I guess it could help if some prick tried to strangle your ass.

I think fighters with no neck tend to have better chins. They usually have huge traps and big head, I guess it amortizes the shots better.

Provodnikov in boxing is a good example, he has an iron chin, look at the flush shots he survived in Matthysse fight alone:

If he had a huge neck his head would probably bounce around like on elastic.

Having big neck muscles and or a short neck helps for absorbing puches, because the brain won't rattle around inside the scull as easy when getting hit

Last edited:
I used to think it was impossible for Jim Miller to be sumitted by guillotine or RNC due to his short neck until his fight againt nate, so no advantage to me

I know he's retired but Sean Sherk didn't have a short neck, that dude had no neck. Shoulders then head with nothing inbetween

Back