The Art of Flying Knee

madi

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Why this technique is so efficient in modern MMA? It's so brutal and beautiful, and we see more often than it should be. It seems that it's not easy to get it right.

Thoughts? Here some of my favorites.

Aldo-Double-Knee.gif

Flying%2BKnee%2BKnockout%2BThomas%2BAlmeida%2Bvs%2BBrad%2BPickett%2BUFC%2B189.gif

UFC-knee-head-March-24-2014.gif

Knees are not to be discussed until all of Cyborg's forehead is out of his brain.

Show some hespeck!

Brain Rodgers is the flying knee GOAT!

tumblr_mft4jwIgfj1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Brian_Rogers___defeats___Adrian_Miles.gif

He absolutely flat-lines his opponents.

When you have some many td, knees become lethal
My fav
2006-05-03_Norifumi__27_27Kid_27_27_Yamamoto_vs_Kazuyuki_Miyata__28K-1_-_Hero_27s_5_29_1.gif

I don't know what I like more, a flying knee KO or a switch kick KO.

or a flying switch knee KO?

The king of flying knees is the one that bent bone towards brain as if to ask:

"Is this what you really want for your life, bro?"

It was nucleartomic....

Chris+Beal+Flying+Knee+Knockout+Patrick+Williams+UFC+172+%5BS%5D.gif

^I saw Chris Beal's flying knee KO over Patrick Williams live at UFC 172. It was a thing of beauty. Also terrifying, as Williams was OUT for a long, long time. He stirred a little bit after Herb jumped in, but didn't truly come to until long after Buffer announced the result.

To answer your question, it's most definitely difficult to land. I don't know if we truly see them that often, but I get what you're saying-- it seems like we see them more than you'd expect, regardless. A lot of guys just probably aren't expecting it. With a "flashier" strike like a flying knee being so hard to land, I'm assuming that guys don't necessarily drill for flying knee defense on the regular, and it's a matter of knowing your opponent, distance, position, etc for when that knee is most likely to come into play.

Such beautiful violence!

Sagat would be proud

^I saw Chris Beal's flying knee KO over Patrick Williams live at UFC 172. It was a thing of beauty. Also terrifying, as Williams was OUT for a long, long time. He stirred a little bit after Herb jumped in, but didn't truly come to until long after Buffer announced the result.

To answer your question, it's most definitely difficult to land. I don't know if we truly see them that often, but I get what you're saying-- it seems like we see them more than you'd expect, regardless. A lot of guys just probably aren't expecting it. With a "flashier" strike like a flying knee being so hard to land, I'm assuming that guys don't necessarily drill for flying knee defense on the regular, and it's a matter of knowing your opponent, distance, position, etc for when that knee is most likely to come into play.
Noad Lahat and Fredson Paxiao had really bad ones too.

I was there too, first MMA fight I've seen in-person. Bunch of jabronies were not in the arena yet since it was the first fight of the card and missed out

The king of flying knees is the one that bent bone towards brain as if to ask:

"Is this what you really want for your life, bro?"

It was nucleartomic....
So MVP's knee is your favorite?

Back