Prime Hughes vs Maia

I'd give BJ a best shot of surviving early rounds on the ground and keeping it on the feet later.
Matt would most likely lose on the feet, and I don't trust him to control Maia for top position.

Prime Huges was a beast but Maia is on a different level, Maia via sub in the 2nd.

BJ would beat him.

Hughes would lose.

I don't think Maia could tap BJ, and BJ would light him up on the feet.

Maia by sub Hughes was a great wrestling based grappler but Maia is the grapplers grappler. I do believe BJ would do better but still can't.

you idiots actually think fucking BJ penn could beat Maia? at what exactly? Maia is WAY bigger, stronger and FAR FAR FAR superior in BJJ. They arent even close to the same league, Maia would absolutely rape & sub either of them without breaking a sweat

you idiots actually think fucking BJ penn could beat Maia? at what exactly? Maia is WAY bigger, stronger and FAR FAR FAR superior in BJJ. They arent even close to the same league, Maia would absolutely rape & sub either of them without breaking a sweat

yeah but BJ has the jab tho..... imagine he was touching Maia with it? Lights out, sucka!

yeah but BJ has the jab tho..... imagine he was touching Maia with it? Lights out, sucka!

HotAgreeableAmurratsnake.gif

maia via ddt. to big and to strong.

feels weird saying that when its matt frickin hughes, but i think its the truth

Jokes aside, I am eager to see the first guy who beats Maia and to see how. Other than a flash KO, I feel that sooner or later he grabs a hold and he rarely grabs a hold these days without getting you down one way or another. And he rarely gets you down without death.

Prime BJ has the skills to keep it on the feet and outstrike Maia
Definitely would get outgrappled by Maia though, but not submitted.

I always wanted to see Palhares vs Maia when he was in the UFC. The strength difference is so astronomical it might negate much of the skill difference on the ground. Not that there is a CRAZY skill difference. He did sub Shields and perform quite well against what's his face in ADCC

Maia vs Hughes would be the same it was Hughes vs Royce. But now Hughes should be tapping by the end.

Prime BJ vs Maia is stuff for the legends.

I would pay for both fights.

Back