Coker says Bellator WW roster > UFC WW. Any truth to that?

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Bellator: Koreshkov, Rory, Daley, Benson, Lima, MVP, Koscheck.

UFC: Woodley, Lawler, Thompson, Maia, Condit, Gastelum, Hendricks.

To name a few.

lol, yeah Koscheck and Rory did great against Lawler

Rory did great, that was one of the best title fights ever.

My point was, 2 of their "top 5" have been knocked out by the former UFC champ

Benson couldn't even hang in LW's top 5, much less WW.. its a silly argument

lol no
WW is one of the most stacked divisions in the UFC

Source?

And if true, ...Ugh, no. Dude must be on coke! I like him, but that's pure marketing. The only guy that may do well in UFC WW today is MVP, who is building himself up very well.

I'd be ok to trade Hendricks for MVP.

Plus, terrible timing after Benson's horrible fight this past weekend.

UFC has a lot more and a lot better fighters at WW, Coker shouldnt get ahead of himself..

Bellator really only has 4 good WW: Rory, Koreshkov, Lima and MVP

the ufc also has these guys, that you havent counted to ur list:
Gunnar, Larkin, Magny, 2x Alves, Breese, Cerrone, 2x Diaz, Ellenberger, perry, Masvidal, Means, Matt Brown,Tumenov, Story...... and the list doesnt stop..

lol at Bellator
{<hhh]

Last edited:
Only truth to that if you're willing to admit Askren is WW GOAT

So, I think I'm willing and able

Askren would wreck Conor fo sho

MVP looks good but who has he really fought. Rory is among the best, koreskov looks good, but Benson looks like Dana was right his best days may be behind him.
UFC has the larger pool of talent with the majority of the top 20 in most classes. But the past has shown us just because they are not fighting the top 10 doesn't mean the fighter isn't top 10 or UFC champ caliber.

Neo Koreshkov could swim. I love MVP, but he'd get wrestled. Rory is obviously top talent. Everyone else, just no.

Koreshkov, Rory, Daley, Benson, Lima, MVP, Koscheck.

Benson isn't a great Welterweight.

MVP only fights bums.

Kos is over the hill.

Rory is a great Welterweight, obviously.

Daley still hasn't shored up his wrestling deficiencies.

I haven't seen enough of Koreshkov or Lima to comment.

Only truth to that if you're willing to admit Askren is WW GOAT

So, I think I'm willing and able

Askren would wreck Conor fo sho
Askren doesn't fight for Bellator anymore.

And yeah, Askren has a great chance against a fighter, who does not ordinarily fight in his weightclass.

lol, yeah Koscheck and Rory did great against Lawler

It doesn't work that way - Rory beat the ever loving brakes off Woodley, and that is the guy who one-punch KO'd Lawler. He also kicked Maia's ass without much trouble.

Obviously the UFC has a much deeper, more complete welterweight division. That much isn't even a real argument. Bellator most certainly does have one of the best welterweights on planet earth now with Rory - he beat the current UFC champion and #1 contender in Maia.

obviously coker is going to defend and promote his product. that being said, in 5 years time with all the fighter movement there could be a case for bellator's claims.

Bellator: Koreshkov, Rory, Daley, Benson, Lima, MVP, Koscheck.

UFC: Woodley, Lawler, Thompson, Maia, Condit, Gastelum, Hendricks.

To name a few.

No plus Benson showed he is to small for ww,koscheck is 2 old didnt he go 0-5 in his last run or something.Lima is decent daley is fringe top 10-15 Koreshkov and rory would be top 5 though i think.But Thompson is the best ww in the world right now

None of the Bellator fighters would make it in the UFC, just like none of the Strikeforce or WEC fighters did.

Back