Why sue Jones and not the UFC?

Reddd

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Makes no sense to sue Jones. He isn't the one selling the tickets and the shows.

"Subject to change."

That is supposed to somehow make the negligence of the UFC disappear when pretty much every big card PPV has a huge competitor fall off the list.

People can't just change flight arrangements from around the world and sell their tickets that easily without taking huge losses. The UFC has had the worst problems with this, and have failed to do anything about it. The pulling out of fights has been out of control for years and only gets worse.

Suing Bones is silly, but suing the UFC wouldn't be. I'd actually root for the guy in that case.

Then maybe the UFC would finally adopt policies to fine the fighters or put something in place as a penalty for pulling out of fights if they are within a month away. This doesn't happen in any other sport. People who think that there is "nothing" the UFC can do to fix these issues are very narrow minded lack the creativity for infrastructure.

Jones is the one who fucked up, not the UFC.

because the UFC did inject him with post cycle drugs

The UFC is very negligent in how they promote their fights. They don't advertise that their main events are changed like 70% of the time. I can't remember what the stat was that Rogan (An employee of the UFC) quoted but it was astounding at how many fights get taken off the main event. It happens a few times a year, then it isn't that big of a deal. When it happens all the time, then it is negligence, and FALSE ADVERTISING when their % rates are so high.

I can't believe that the UFC fans actually sit by and are quiet about it.

If a lot more fans sued, the UFC would put measures in place and I can guarantee you it wouldn't happen anymore. Fighters would adjust their camps and would train smarter. They'd have to. Suing Bones is pretty dumb though and will get nowhere. I'd root for anyone that sues the UFC over this in order to get the negligence figured out.

The UFC is very negligent in how they promote their fights. They don't advertise that their main events are changed like 70% of the time. I can't remember what the stat was that Rogan (An employee of the UFC) quoted but it was astounding at how many fights get taken off the main event. It happens a few times a year, then it isn't that big of a deal. When it happens all the time, then it is negligence, and FALSE ADVERTISING when their % rates are so high.

If a lot more fans sued, the UFC would put measures in place and I can guarantee you it wouldn't happen anymore. Fighters would adjust their camps and would train smarter. They'd have to. Suing Bones is pretty dumb though and will get nowhere. I'd root for anyone that sues the UFC over this in order to get the negligence figured out.

Card subject to change

Card subject to change

You are exactly part of the problem.

Saying this little line excuses the UFC of having like a 70+ % change rate to their shows is negligence.

A stupid little disclosure in fine print doesn't absolve them of that negligence.

Please don't ever let me hear you complain about a fighter pulling out due to injury or a failed drug test.

And personally, I hope you are someone who spends thousands on a flight, hotels, and UFC tickets just to have the sole reason you booked everything change on you right before the event.

You are exactly part of the problem.

Saying this little line excuses the UFC of having like a 70+ % change rate to their shows is negligence.

A stupid little disclosure in fine print doesn't absolve them of that negligence.

Please don't ever let me hear you complain about a fighter pulling out due to injury or a failed drug test.

And personally, I hope you are someone who spends thousands on a flight, hotels, and UFC tickets just to have the sole reason you booked everything change on you right before the event.

Private contractors getting hurt or popped for roids isn't negligence on the UFCs part

Private contractors getting hurt or popped for roids isn't negligence on the UFCs part

When they don't advertise how much they change the shows they promote it damn sure is.

They are pretty much snake oil salesman with the shows they promote considering how much they change right before the card happens.

Theu just make sure to put in a small print when u buy your ticket. And problem solved, fans will still buy the tickets

Sue-Jones.jpg

Theu just make sure to put in a small print when u buy your ticket. And problem solved, fans will still buy the tickets

And if more people sued, the UFC would be forced to put in measures to solve the problem. Have you guys ever worked a job in your lives? Lol!

You have big problems with the people that you hire to perform for the customers that pay for your entertainment services, YOU PUT IN MEASURES TO FIX THE PROBLEM.

Go ahead and ignore it, but personally I'd love to see a lot of paying fans sue the UFC for damages. Their cards are changed on almost every card.

They should at least get the results back in 1 day instead of 14. They can do this for the main and co main fighters. Its not a fix, but helps. Stupid lawsuit, but its the USA. People sue because Burger King forgot the fries and it caused mental distress and hunger.

after ufc 151 im not surprised - ufc nicely put all the blame on jones - given how unpopular he was, the lemmings ate it up

if now it comes out that he was innocent, i can see how fans would be mad - not at jones (although im sure hatred will be directed at jones), but at the commission and seemingly general back room corruption we unfortunatley dont have access to know about

They should at least get the results back in 1 day instead of 14. They can do this for the main and co main fighters. Its not a fix, but helps. Stupid lawsuit, but its the USA. People sue because Burger King forgot the fries and it caused mental distress and hunger.

That's physically impossible. Some of the tests they have to do take up to a week.

This doesn't happen in any other sport.
It most certainly does. In baseball, when you buy a ticket in advance, you don't know if the player(s) you are paying to see are playing that day. Even a player who plays a lot only plays maybe 150 out of 162 games.
In basketball, when you buy a ticket in advance, you have no idea if the coach is going to 'rest' his stars that day.
In American football, any ticket bought in advance is a crapshoot. Guys get injured every game.

mma is a very violent sport, which means the training is violent, which means injuries in training. All the UFC can really do is stack the cards, making the assumption that they are going to lose a couple fighters before the event.

Back