Tony Ferguson would put a serious beating on Maia, possibly submit him late in the fight

Hi-Tech

Slavic Fighter
Banned
Reaction score
I'm surprised how underrated Tony Ferguson still is here. It's possibly because he's unlikable to many but he's a very legit well rounded fighter.

I think he's the biggest stylistic nightmare for Maia under 170lbs.

He's a huge LW, he bulked up to 200 in preparation for his fight with Khabib, he's a natural MW and basically the same size as Demian.

He has legit wrestling and Maia won't be able to take him down. In the stand up he'd beat Maia from pillar to post and put some serious leather on him.

His cardio advantage over Maia is unreal too, if it's a 5 round fight I can see Maia completely gassed and wobbled by Tony's brutal striking in the 4th and 5th rounds enabling Ferguson to finish the fight with a choke to make a huge statement.

I'm glad you made this thread so I can put you on ignore.

If I have to read anymore stupidity like this I might go blind.

He just got wobbled 3 times in 1 round by Lando, and he has RDA next. That's enough without including Maia lol.

He just got wobbled 3 times in 1 round by Lando, and he has RDA next. That's enough without including Maia lol.

Lando has much better striking than Maia. Tony's wrestling would force Maia to return to his old K1 days.

It all comes on how well Tony can defend those takedowns, I'm not sure he can.

lol Maia would take him down so fucking easy and sub him in the first. Even easier than Condit.

Maia just ragdolled a top 5 WW and now people want to act like a LW who was damn near KTFO by some guy none of us had ever heard of in his last fight would wreck him?

LOL! Sherdog...

So how many "Tony was almost KO'd by nobody" posts can we expect?

Edit: We got 4, guys! Keep em coming

Last edited:
Maia isn't getting submitted even if Ferguson KO's him unconscious first.

You seem to forget that Maia has taken wrestlers down before that were much bigger than Ferguson.
2nbrjmf_medium.gif

Tony is an All-American wrestler.

Chael, Rick Story, Magny and Fitch were all great wrestlers. And Maia took them down and tapped them out (repeatedly took Fitch down though didn't sub him). They're all bigger than Ferguson and Maia dominated them,

Chael, Rick Story, Magny and Fitch were all great wrestlers. And Maia took them down and tapped them out (repeatedly took Fitch down). They're all bigger than Ferguson and Maia dominated them,

But he couldn't take down Anderson Silva. Tony Ferguson would fight on the outside and stick him with the jab all night long and use footwork just like Anderson did.

But he couldn't take down Anderson Silva. Tony Ferguson would stick him with the jab all night long and use footwork just like Anderson did.

Anderson danced around him for five rounds and for at least 2 rounds refused to engage completely, you can't compare Fergusons movement to Anderson.

Back