With The Signing of MacDonald, Bellator Should Add Ben Askren Back In

ChosenMMA

Part Of DC Nation & The Cruz & Velasquez Wagon
@purple
Reaction score
Bellator have officially signed one of the biggest names in the welterweight division in Rory MacDonald and the talks of him fighting their champion Andrey Koreshkov have started.

Ben Askren never lost the Bellator title and is the one fighter to have a blemish on the record of their current champion Koreshkov, and considering the talk of him joining the UFC has vanished, going back to Bellator to get in the mix of MacDonald and Koreshkov would be an interesting time.

Mistakenly posted this in the UFC discussion, so move the thread if possible.

Askren should be in the UFC by now.

What is Askren up to these days? Is he still in his prime?

I respect askren but I rather see him test the UFC waters already dominated bellator

They disliked him enough that they let him go while he was the champ. That should tell you something.

Is Rory really that popular? I feel like he will be forgotten about by the next time he fights

Is Rory really that popular? I feel like he will be forgotten about by the next time he fights

He's popular enough to make an Askren fight at least intriguing in my eyes

That could happen, considering that the UFC isn't looking to sign Askren any time soon.

Says enough about you if you're asking for an Askren fight lol

Don't get me wrong I don't sit here dwelling on Askren's inactivity, I just think it would be quite a good little mix then

This fight kind of relates to the UFC...as you know Uncle Dana will butthurt live tweet the crap out of it

giphy (2).gif

I don't know who it would say more about if Bellator took back the guy they ditched while he was reigning champ or if that guy voluntarily chose to come back. Lol

Either way, that's some second rate desperation shit.

Back