Banned
Reaction score
Fedor

Sergei Kharitonov

Vitaly Minakov

Alexander Volkov

Alexander Shlemenko

Blagoy Ivanov

None of these guys are signed, only two Russians are on the roster, Khabib and Oliynyk

Because Russia is the biggest Cans producer in MMA ?

Ali Bagautinov, Adlan Amagov, Rustam Khabilov and Khabib Nurmagomedov, I wouldnt mind having these Russians at my gym and they are all UFC.

Oh yea cant forget old floaty Artem Lobov.

Also seems like Gasan Umalatov is still under contract with the UFC as is Magomed Mustafaev and many other Russian MMA fighters.

Last edited:
Because russians are crazy!
giphy.gif

Dana doesn't like them russian to the title shot.

Because Russian bots are constantly spamming Dana on twitter with Khabib title shot messages. It's insane

Blagoy Ivanov is Bulgarian.

*enter Dagestani/Russian discussion*

half your list is Bellator exclusive fighters

Sergei seems intent on avoiding UFC

and of course everyone knows Fedor's demands

Dmitrii Smoliakov and Zubaira Tukugov both Russian and employeed by the UFC. Where do you get that there are only two?

Don't know how true this is, but I heard it was because of "Vadummy" Finklestein insisting on co-promotion between M-1 and the UFC for any Fedor fight. Dana shat on him non-stop so M-1 tried to discourage Russians from going to the UFC. The Dagestanis are an exception because they were off doing their own thing.

also. didnt arlovski make it clear in this new ufc battle lines video

Andrei arlovski- "im belarussian......fuck russians"

There are many russian fighters in the UFC already, but just to be clear Daniel Omielanczuk is polish...

I wish they would sign Minakov - he seems really solid and has just been stripped of his title in Bellator.

Besides him some of the most exciting russians prospects outside UFC are Rasul Mirzaev (16-0) and Marat Gafurov (14-0).

Mirzaev is stuck in EFN right now. He's a killer on the feet. Gafurov fights in ONE FC, and currently holds a win over Taisumov.

Ivanov is bulgarian and omilanunchuck is polish. Eastern european =/= russian

And the reason why the UFC doesnt want too many russians is probably because they are good fighters, dont really speak english and if they are chechen they can have visa issues.

Back