My opinion on CM Punk's Debut (Hate)

RichardN7

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
CM Punk does not deserve to be in the UFC. If he wants to take up MMA, let him. Just not in the UFC, and not on a main card. This freakshow match-up represents what's wrong with the UFC. Dana White is allowing this abomination to take place. Instead of letting young, talented, hungry fighters in and paying them WHAT THEY DESERVE (Reebok deal wasn't enough of a fuck-over I suppose), he lets this useless sh*tbag in and pays him tons... It's disgusting to think that real fighters sweat, bleed and cry in training, and then barely get paid enough to make ends meet, and when they lose a fight or two, they are let off and left alone to fend for themselves, while this undeserving ACTOR gets an opportunity to be on a main card and get paid hundreds of thousands for being in a place he did NOT EARN (at the top of the MMA world)!!!
I hope Mickey Gall serves justice and lands him in a hospital (or worse). I hope he gets hurt really, really, really badly.
I hope it serves as a lesson to those like him and to Dana White himself...

So a dude is following his dream and you want to trash on him.

Cool

This guy hasn't even had a fight yet and the amount of threads regarding him is staggering. Holy fuck, this fight can't come soon enough..

This guy hasn't even had a fight yet and the amount of threads regarding him is staggering. Holy fuck, this fight can't come soon enough..

More threads than the fight for the Heavyweight championship of the world.

CM Punk does not deserve to be in the UFC. If he wants to take up MMA, let him. Just not in the UFC, and not on a main card. This freakshow match-up represents what's wrong with the UFC. Dana White is allowing this abomination to take place. Instead of letting young, talented, hungry fighters in and paying them WHAT THEY DESERVE (Reebok deal wasn't enough of a fuck-over I suppose), he lets this useless sh*tbag in and pays him tons... It's disgusting to think that real fighters sweat, bleed and cry in training, and then barely get paid enough to make ends meet, and when they lose a fight or two, they are let off and left alone to fend for themselves, while this undeserving ACTOR gets an opportunity to be on a main card and get paid hundreds of thousands for being in a place he did NOT EARN (at the top of the MMA world)!!!
I hope Mickey Gall serves justice and lands him in a hospital (or worse). I hope he gets hurt really, really, really badly.

What's even worse, is instead of feeding him to the Lions, they're trying to give him a more amateurish guy to look better... what sport would want to make themselves look like sh** by having and outsider come in and win with only 2 years training ?

The only logical conclusion I can come to, is they're hoping he'll beat some amateur, mostly cuz he's been an athlete. And the build a hype train and get destroyed by a higher level fighter. But I doubt he makes it past Gall. And what if he does and then just retires ?

This is why I'm glad for the new management.

So a dude is following his dream and you want to trash on him.

Cool
He can follow his dream by joining some small circuit and working his way up like ALL OTHER ASPIRING FIGHTERS. That's like me graduating from university with a degree in politics and running for president right away.

You're not very good with numbers are you... CJ is barely mentioned and the activity has been greatly diminished since he was first announced. 99% of it is Trolling or Hate. That's fine if you have fans but I don't think he has any besides few WWEs who dont watch MMA.

Compare the occasional CM thread to just rumors that Fedor was coming back... and the McGregor threads and its nothing.

He's going to get his ass whooped and then go away. I wouldn't worry too much about it. And as far as the no-names that deserve a shot more than he does, Gall is one of them, and he's going to make way more money for this fight than he would if he was fighting another nobody on a FightPass undercard. It's a waste of time fight for sure, but nobody is getting fucked over here.

What's even worse, is instead of feeding him to the Lions, they're trying to give him a more amateurish guy to look better... what sport would want to make themselves look like sh** by having and outsider come in and win with only 2 years training ?

The only logical conclusion I can come to, is they're hoping he'll beat some amateur, mostly cuz he's been an athlete. And the build a hype train and get destroyed by a higher level fighter. But I doubt he makes it past Gall. And what if he does and then just retires ?

This is why I'm glad for the new management.
Yeah... But hey, no way in hell is he beating Gall. For a UFC newcomer, he looks very dangerous. Don't see Punk bring able to do much.

More threads than the fight for the Heavyweight championship of the world.

Exactly, it's bizarre. The whole night is set up perfectly, some of the finest fighters in the world competing in both boxing and MMA and all people seem to care about is a fight that excluding the alias "CM Punk" wouldn't look out of place on the regional scene.

I'm not going to lie, I can't stand all these CM Punk threads when he hasn't fought, on top of all his interviews hes doing and stupid documentaries. But at the same time, I can't really fault him for being successful and wanting to fight in the UFC. He's still putting his reputation on the line and that has to count for something.

I don't think you should be mad at him, he's just doing what he feels is best for him. You should be blaming the UFC for putting together this whole charade.

how mad were you when Brock got in the UFC after 1 pro fight?
or when Brock faced a former UFC HW champion in his first UFC fight?
or when Brock got a title shot after his 1st win in the UFC?
or when Brock became the UFC HW champion in his 4th professional fight?

how mad were you when Brock got in the UFC after 1 pro fight?
The sport was developing, that was long ago and the HW division was new, as far as I know. Many things were wrong back then as well, but I wasn't into MMA at the time so I don't know. What I do know is that Brock's last fight was a sham. He looked bad and just dry-humped Hunt for 15 minutes. Then it turns out he was cheating and NO ONE DID ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!! Hunt was subjected to massive injustice, Brock made millions and returned to acting. Disgusting...

The sport was developing, that was long ago and the HW division was new, as far as I know. Many things were wrong back then as well, but I wasn't into MMA at the time so I don't know. What I do know is that Brock's last fight was a sham. He looked bad and just dry-humped Hunt for 15 minutes. Then it turns out he was cheating and NO ONE DID ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!! Hunt was subjected to massive injustice, Brock made millions and returned to acting. Disgusting...
the HW division was not new in 2008, lol.

Brock became the HW champion the same year he debuted in the UFC. (February 2008-November 2008)

You're not very good with numbers are you... CJ is barely mentioned and the activity has been greatly diminished since he was first announced. 99% of it is Trolling or Hate. That's fine if you have fans but I don't think he has any besides few WWEs who dont watch MMA.

Compare the occasional CM thread to just rumors that Fedor was coming back... and the McGregor threads and its nothing.

I'm fine with numbers, I'm also fine with agreeing to disagree. If you don't think the amount of threads regarding this guy is excessive then that's fair enough. I don't really care either way, to be honest, hence why I said the fight can't come soon enough.

Can't imagine the size of that coming shit-tornado, when CM wins his debut with flying colors <6>

The heavyweight belt was 11 years old when Brock won it.

I can take from this you literally have no idea what you're talking about seeing as you don't seem to know very, very basic facts or have any interest in actually finding them out, instead whinging like you're on your period.

Therefore, nothing you say is of any value.

You literally sound like a 12 year old kid who just got into mma last month. Not kidding. Isn't it past your bed time?

The heavyweight belt was 11 years old when Brock won it.

I can take from this you literally have no idea what you're talking about seeing as you don't seem to know very, very basic facts or have any interest in actually finding them out, instead whinging like you're on your period.

Therefore, nothing you say is of any value.
My knowledge of these 'facts' is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
I don't give a fuck about what happened years ago, as I already said, motherf*cker (try reading).
All I can say is my opinion on this CM Punk situation, and I've laid out all there is to say. You don't like, find another thread to bitch on and make insults.

Back