Jacare vs DC... anyone else thinks Jacare can win this fight?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
If Jacare moved up and prepared properly put on some muscle he could get really strong I think... and maybe get something like this against DC? What do you guys think? Rumble´s worse is on the ground, and that´s where he lost to DC and many others... In b4, I know the circumstances of the Werdum vs Velasquez fight. But what are Jacare´s chances? Could he do it?
werdum velasquez.jpg

Nah, I think DC would keep it standing, outbox him and probably TKO him in the later rounds. DC's cardio looks better than Jacare's.

Nah, I think DC would keep it standing, outbox him and probably TKO him in the later rounds. DC's cardio looks better than Jacare's.
I think Jacare would hit harder than Jones or gustafsson if the fight stayed on the feet. I know DC was used to fighting hw but the power didn´t translate so well in lhw.

Jacare's striking has come a long way since his Strikeforce days, so I can see him matching up with Cormier. If it hits the mat then it's gator time!

Not I. And I'm a Jacare supporter preUFC days. But it's not about that, it's about logistics. And there's near no chance that Souza could take this hypo.

i think cormier would just stall him from the top position if it went to the ground and pick up points, and would comfortably overpower him in the clinch etc

i know they're different fighters and the scenario you suggested allows for more time to build muscle but i can't help but thik how easily cormier tossed around henderson when he moved up to fight and think that a strong heavyweight cutting down to LHW has to be quite a bit more powerful than a MW moving up to LHW for this match

Not I. And I'm a Jacare supporter preUFC days. But it's not about that, it's about logistics. And there's near no chance that Souza could take this hypo.
DC's biggest advantage over fighters is wrestling, but he wouldn´t want to take jacare down, and the fight would stay on the feet.... I don´t think DC's boxing is formidable so that he would ko Jacare or Jacare wouldn´t be able to land clean on him... I think Jacare would have a good chance on the feet and a 205 jacked up jacare wouldn´t hit like Rumble, but probably harder than Jones or Gustafsson imo.

If Jacare moved up and prepared properly put on some muscle he could get really strong I think... and maybe get something like this against DC? What do you guys think? Rumble´s worse is on the ground, and that´s where he lost to DC and many others... In b4, I know the circumstances of the Werdum vs Velasquez fight. But what are Jacare´s chances? Could he do it?
View attachment 136679

I got Jacare. Think he's a stylistically nightmare for DC.

Cain vs Werdum would look different in the current UFC.

I want to know how Werdum will look in his next fight though.

Cormier is insanely strong. I don't think he would mind taking Jacare down at all. He would put him on his back and put a beating on him. This is a guy that threw Mir, Barnett, and Nelson around like they were children. Jacare doesn't have much to offer him.

Who knows? DC never fought someone with half the BJJ skills Jacare has

I think Jacare would hit harder than Jones or gustafsson if the fight stayed on the feet. I know DC was used to fighting hw but the power didn´t translate so well in lhw.

Lol DC survived from this

johnson-kd-cormier.gif

I wouldn't worry too much about DC hanging with Jacare on the feet

Someone with the skills of Jacare will always have the chance to pull something out. DC brings elite grappling and a granite chin which favours him to nullify Jacare.

johnson-kd-cormier.gif

He was also badly hurt by a body kick from an old MW Anderson Silva, who is probably much less powerful than Jacare.

So yeah, its mostly about accuracy, not the power of the strike

johnson-kd-cormier.gif

yeah, you´re right, but he was able to avoid Rumble´s other punches by using his wrestling to take him to the ground, the question is, would he want to risk taking the biggest bjj killer to the ground? And if he didn´t and the fight happened on the feet, who would hit harder? I don´t know man, I think Jacare´s hands are more solid than DC´s. How many would he need?

DC's biggest advantage over fighters is wrestling, but he wouldn´t want to take jacare down, and the fight would stay on the feet.... I don´t think DC's boxing is formidable so that he would ko Jacare or Jacare wouldn´t be able to land clean on him... I think Jacare would have a good chance on the feet and a 205 jacked up jacare wouldn´t hit like Rumble, but probably harder than Jones or Gustafsson imo.
The weight would be an incredibly overbearing factor. If, when; DC took Jacare down that shit would be punishment on him. He'd not have to fuss too much on Ronaldo's hands I'd reckon. He would bring it to his world in no time I'd imagine and g'n'p it out.

The weight would be an incredibly overbearing factor. If, when; DC took Jacare down that shit would be punishment on him. He'd not have to fuss too much on Ronaldo's hands I'd reckon. He would bring it to his world in no time I'd imagine and g'n'p it out.
That sure could happen, like it happened in the first round against Romero, but he was stunned by a spinning back fist before Romero could land some gnp. romero backfist jacare.jpg

But in the third, look what happened to the bigger stronger wrestler.
jacare romero.jpg

It's possible that he could land some serious GnP and power out of the subs like how Romero did. That is, if he was willing to go to the ground. Although Jacare may have been rocked if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think Jacare can pull this off. DC definitely wouldn't take the fight to the ground and would most likely stuff all of Souza's takedown. He would most likely employ the same strategy he employed with Frank mir. DC would instigate the clinch, tie Jacare on the cage using his obvious size and strength advantage and then land devastating upper cuts and knees.

It's possible that he could land some serious GnP and power out of the subs like how Romero did. That is, if he was willing to go to the ground. Although Jacare may have been rocked if I'm not mistaken.
Yes, spinning back fist which stunned him first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back