Do you believe there will be an Asian UFC champ within 5 years?

Ol'Ironhead

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Basically that's it..Do you think there will be an Asian ufc champ within 5 years at any weight class? I'm not talking about part Asian like BJ or Benson; but someone who is full Korean or full Chinese etc. As time goes by they will implement weight cutting more and use advanced training methods that they didn't as much back in the day.

What do you think? Will it ever happen?

Well if Michael fucking Bisping can become champ I guess anything can happen

Super boy will be the super goat by end of 2017

I really don't think so. I've gotten so excited for so many Asian fighters and then they just fucking shit the bed every time.

There's definitely some elite Asian fighters that I love, but none are champions imo.

Only if one of the Koreans get super popular and Dana fast tracks him to a title shot and he gets very lucky.

I think the best chance in in the women's divisions but even then

No. They are too weak to deal with those wrestling fighters.

And they chin are not that good too.

I'm surprised there are not more great Mexicans fighters, though. We have Nate, Nick, Ferguson, Cain, Pettis, Yair, Dominick and I think that's it. They have the best chin and there should be more of them

Last edited:
No. They are too weak to deal with those wrestling fighters.

And they chin are not that good too.

I'm surprised there are not more great Mexicans fighters, though. We have Nate, Nick, Ferguson, Cain, Pettis, Yair, Dominick and I think that's it. They have the best chin and there should be more of them

Melendez, too, but you're right, I thought there were more until I actually started to name them.

yes.

Khabib.

sass2.png

Is Russia a part of Asia? Seems like sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't

Specify "East" Asian at least.
Unmarketable unless he can speak good English = unlikely as hell.

Also, a lot of people don't like seeing a dominant East Asian male in that role, not saying the UFC elites will block any progression, just the general fan feedback.

Oh youre referring to East Asian lol.
If you were referring to the entire Asian continent then Khabib has the best chance.
And for East Asian, Doo Ho Choi looks pretty good so far. Powerful accurate striking good TDD Im assuming decent on the ground. I thought Ben Nguyen looked very good until he recently lost.

The closest to becoming Champs or are champs are usually the Half Asians like Robbie Lawler, John Dodson, BJ Penn, and Lyoto Machida. I think that is all.

Is Russia a part of Asia? Seems like sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't
Moscow is but the rest of Russia is in Asia im assuming. Kinda like Turkey i guess ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back