Who would win Pettis v McGregor @145

Jaklic

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Who wins and why?

Can Pettis take Conor down?. McGregors TD defence was brilliant against Nate

I give slight advantage te Conor because of that defence and hand speed.

Also a question..

How many of those left hand shots can Pettis take in 145?

60-40 McGregor

Close fight. Both become too inactive when tired. Pettis is more well rounded, but I think at this point Mcgregor has more heart. Would probably stay standing. I guess I'd favor Mcgregor.

Mcgregor kills Pettis at 145, knocks him out standing. Pettis is better on the ground but Mcg would be able to keep it standing

Who wins and why?

Also a question..

60-40 McGregor

Pettis need to get some name recognition and momentum back before he is even in the conversation. This is not February 2015 anymore. Conor's is 100 times the name and everywhere you look there're far bigger fights for him.

LjWA8ZS.png

Pettis has no defense, he would be bludgeoned standing. He sucks against pressure fighters, and can't fight going backwards. McGregor is a nightmare match up for him.

Pettis beats Canor into a potato

Pettis can't handle pressure. He has no footwork. It doesn't matter if he's got a decent chin, good BJJ, solid takedowns and is a more diverse striker.

Head. Clean. Off.

Conor bless.

I think McGregor takes it, but I definitely want to see it.

Im going against the grain and thinking Pettis is more versatile than McG... Hard body kicks and range plus much better on the ground. If mcgregor tires, pettis will take over

I'd need to see more of Pettis at 145 lbs to know for sure. If he can make for a better cut for himself then it could be really interesting because I think Pettis is a more well rounded fighter in terms of technical skills.

I dont think Pettis is WAY more skilled. They are very close. If you cant take Conor down, whats your advantage anyway?
In stand up, McGregor would destroy him with 1-2 combos.
Pettis have this untelegraphed kicks and he is fast. Those could be a problem for Conor but not likely to happen
McGregor would pressure him and he would land shots all the time.
I just dont see it happening

But man... I would pay to see that fight

Pettis can't handle pressure. He has no footwork. It doesn't matter if he's got a decent chin, good BJJ, solid takedowns and is a more diverse striker.

Head. Clean. Off.

Conor bless.
Wait a minute, weren't you calling Conor a can who sucks just a few weeks ago or so?

Petis by vicious kicks and better cardio.

Who wins and why?

Also a question..

60-40 McGregor
? Diaz bros aren't known for their TDs and Nate was bleeding all over the place...

Back