Superfight: Maia champ vs Jacare champ... how do you see it going?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
What would each guy have to do to win? How do you see this super fight going?

maia-choke.jpg jacare finaliza.png

jacare is bigger,strong,better striking,and could probably stop the takedowns

Jacare out strikes him, wins decision

Maia too small to backpack the gator.
ikea-fabler-crocodile-alligator-with-backpack-plush-stuffed-animal-toy-127604c6504057f329af2e4152ac4526.jpg

I would say Jacare wins like 8/10 times

Its possible it could turn into a great technical battle but I think Jacare would light him up on the feet early.

Of course that aggression could lead to a Maia takedown. It would be so amazing to watch if it hit the ground but I don't see the point in Jacare letting that happen. He would have a big advantage on the feet and that is where he should definitely keep the fight.

Yeah, I agree with you guys, the most likely result would be Jacare by striking.... only way for Maia would be to dive for that single and somehow manage to get Jacare´s back immediately and in the beginning of a round, to have time to work...... very hard though.

That shit don't sound like a Superfight to me

shit!!! that term gets thrown out way too much

Jacare wrecks him.
Better wrestling
ARGUABLY better BJJ, he's been removed from competition for around the same time and his peak as a performer was at a higher level for longer than Maia's. We can debate this till we're blue in the face about who is better, but Jacare had the better career by far.
Better striking by a mile
Bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic

Because of the nature of the matchup I can see it being close, particularly over five rounds but I think Jacare molests him to be honest. Maybe even taps him after stunning him first. I'd say Maia could win via attrition, but Maia slows just as much as Jacare does and Jacare has proven that he can go five hard rounds and still explode late in fights.

Last edited:
Jacare wrecks him.
Better wrestling
ARGUABLY better BJJ, he's been removed from competition for less time and his peak as a performer was at a higher level for longer than Maia's. We can debate this till we're blue in the face about who is better, but Jacare had the better career by far.
Better striking by a mile
Bigger, stronger, faster, more athletic

Because of the nature of the matchup I can see it being close, particularly over five rounds but I think Jacare molests him to be honest. Maybe even taps him after stunning him first. I'd say Maia could win via attrition, but Maia slows just as much as Jacare does and Jacare has proven that he can go five hard rounds and still explode late in fights.
good post

They grappled before in BJJ, Maia said Jacare was one of the best BJJ guys he ever grappled with. in a MMA fight I can't see how Maia could beat Jacare, he wouldn't be able to take him down, would be forced to stand, and even if he did get him down it would be equal or Jacare would just control him

They grappled before in BJJ, Maia said Jacare was one of the best BJJ guys he ever grappled with. in a MMA fight I can't see how Maia could beat Jacare, he wouldn't be able to take him down, would be forced to stand, and even if he did get him down it would be equal or Jacare would just control him
Jacare would not control Maia. Good fight, but Maia has the edge.

Maia to me has better bjj, and I also think he would beat jacaré in mma.

Didn't Jacare have the more wins when they competed against each other in grappling?

Jacare is stronger and has way better striking, and if Maia takes him to the ground,they're like on the same level.

Didn't Jacare have the more wins when they competed against each other in grappling?
No they are 1-1, but when Maia won his rematch he controlled mostly the whole fight. It was great. He pretty much dominated.

In Mma, jaca beats Maia, standing and on the ground

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back