John Kavanagh was ‘slightly terrified’ watching Nate Diaz absorb Conor McGregor’s Blows

real2124

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/2...tly-terrified-watching-nate-diaz-absorb-conor

"For me, I was looking at him just taking these heavy shots and walking forward, smiling," Kavanagh said. "In my head, I'm going, I'm glad I'm on the outside here. This is insane that Conor has hit him with everything. It's an incredible ability Nate has. That's why I think it's the toughest fight."

---

Kavanagh also mentions that he wants McG to be at 155 and doesn't want to see him at 145 as it's "almost cheating". lol.

bad news for ya coach kavanagh your going to see alot more of this at 155

Fuck your gameplan

natediaz3.jpg

Kavanagh has a gift. He's great at feigning concern when what he's really doing is being condescending.

Which essentially means he's a "twat" or "punter" or whatever they like to call that type of person over there.

Kavanagh has a gift. He's great at feigning concern when what he's really doing is being condescending.

Which essentially means he's a "twat" or "punter" or whatever they like to call that type of person over there.

Well he's also right. RDA, Alvarez, Johnson, Etc would KTFO

"Toughest fight" is a guy that will play completely into Conor's gameplan? A guy with nasty leg kicks, or dominate wrestling is Conor's toughest match up. Khabib is essentially Voldemort to the UFC and MCGregor camp because they won't speak his name. Nate is tough as shit but couldn't double leg a high school wrestler. Nate stands and bangs with everyone, and Conor is the better striker. On the ground Diaz destroys Conor but has to put him down to get him there. Nate has a great chin and solid boxing skills with seemingly endless cardio.

For the record I bet on McGregor, and thought Diaz won the fight. I'd accept argument for a draw.

I'd be terrified too if my star just lost back to back and my next biggest paycheck was artem lobov. Red panty night would turn to stained fruit of the loom night in the kavanaugh house real quick.

Definitely not everyone at '55 can take a shot like Nate, but they bring other things to the table. That said, if McGregor keeps evolving and continuously works on his cardio he could be a factor at LW. Not sure how far he'll go there though, as there's some serious killers in that weight class. It'll be interesting to find out.

I'd be terrified too if my star just lost back to back and my next biggest paycheck was artem lobov. Red panty night would turn to stained fruit of the loom night in the kavanaugh house real quick.
Stained fruit of the loom night...that was funny shit!

"Toughest fight" is a guy that will play completely into Conor's gameplan? A guy with nasty leg kicks, or dominate wrestling is Conor's toughest match up. Khabib is essentially Voldemort to the UFC and MCGregor camp because they won't speak his name. Nate is tough as shit but couldn't double leg a high school wrestler. Nate stands and bangs with everyone, and Conor is the better striker. On the ground Diaz destroys Conor but has to put him down to get him there. Nate has a great chin and solid boxing skills with seemingly endless cardio.

For the record I bet on McGregor, and thought Diaz won the fight. I'd accept argument for a draw.
Excellent post

Yep. The boxer with zero kicking defense and complete shit wrestling who lost brutally in 3 of his last 5 including getting tko'd is Conors toughest fight.

They are in for a rude awakening.

Fucking reKt

Like who?

Ferguson & Khabib have never been finished by strikes

Eddie has way more fights than Nate and has only been finished once.

Cerrone chin never been cracked only finished by brutal body kicks.

Chiesea only finished by a cut

RDA only finished twice.

All this fighters are also WAY better than Nate at Conors weakness, offensive grappling.

Back