Lauzon's leg lock takedown on Miller

Gamer2k4

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Sorry I don't have a gif, but right at 20 seconds into the first round, Joe Lauzon got a single leg on Jim Miller. Miller hopped right up, and Lauzon did something I had never seen before: he put his left knee over Miller's leg and rotated over the top, taking Miller down and ending up in a pretty decent leg lock position.

Can anyone shed some light on this technique? It seemed pretty effective, but I'd never seen it until Saturday.

Did Lauzon get robbed? I didn't get to watch the fights yesterday. I was reading the play by play in the sherdog and the guys on here had it 29-28 Lauzon.

Its an ancient Hindu secret that consists of putting the other person's leg into a leg-lock using street jujitzu and ninja powers - Jimmy Smith

Sorry I don't have a gif, but right at 20 seconds into the first round, Joe Lauzon got a single leg on Jim Miller. Miller hopped right up, and Lauzon did something I had never seen before: he put his left knee over Miller's leg and rotated over the top, taking Miller down and ending up in a pretty decent leg lock position.

Can anyone shed some light on this technique? It seemed pretty effective, but I'd never seen it until Saturday.
You sound like Goldie - talking about Joe's TD's when Jim was the one who was super impressive last night lol

"Look @ Joe's TD's, Joe!! They are making alll the difference tonight!!" ... No Mike, no that is not what happened lmao

Just rewatched it. That was pretty slick. I could watch Lauzon (and Miller) fight all day.

Just rewatched it. That was pretty slick. I could watch Lauzon (and Miller) fight all day.

While you're at it, take a look at the killer knee to the groin Miller takes with 1:46 left in the second round. No one noticed or made any mention of it on the broadcast, but you'd better believe that affected him for at least the rest of the round.

the judge that gave the second round to miller robbed him, Joe won the second for sure, 3rd was close imho.

1bjgyv0.gif

not my gif

Back