UFC Grand Prix 2017 @ 150lbs

Jake the Muss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
If there was ever a time to do a UFC tournament, it would be now!

UFC Grand Prix 2017 @ 150lbs:
Alvarez
Conor
Aldo
Frankie
Cerrone
Khabib
RDA
Holloway

4 fights in the quarter finals, 2 in the semi finals, 1 championship finals. That would definitely shake both the FW and LW divisions up.

Here is a list of replacement fighters if one of the above gets injured:
Pettis
Ferguson
Barboza
Lamas
Swanson
Diaz
Stephens
Poirier

I know this a bit of fan boy fantasy matchmaking, but Pride made it happen, so why not???

Last edited:
Post USADA, 80% of those guys are hurt at some point leading up to the tournament.

Im down for every tournament pride style. Those were the pinnacle of mma.

So basically all the top guys,
Rory is right in this ufc is boring.
They could so like 1 round fights in the brackets; round of 8 1x5 minutes round of 4 1x5 minutes and the finals 3x5

They need to do it at 170. Shit is just too crazy right now.

I just want one open weight tournament. Just one. I want to see Cruz fight Bisping and MM fight Conor. I want to see Woodley fight DC.

something this awesome would get wrecked by injuries and alternates.
yeah, somehow 2 days before the final miesha tate and Amanda nunes would become the grand prix finalists.

So basically all the top guys,
Rory is right in this ufc is boring.
They could so like 1 round fights in the brackets; round of 8 1x5 minutes round of 4 1x5 minutes and the finals 3x5

I imagine the quarter finals to be one main card (3 x 5 minute rounds), and the semis as co main events on the second card (3 x 5 minute rounds), and have the finals as the main event on a third card (5 x 5 minute rounds).

Khabib and Tony Ferguson are not making that weight in a healthy way no matter what. They walk around as LHWs. Nate Diaz and Cerrone just fought at WW.

I would not want to see the weigh ins for that tournament, it would look like a parade of concentration camp survivors.

Back