Who are the actual best fighters in each division?

Walker Smith Jr

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
In the last year we've got 5 title fight KO finishes in the HW, MW, WW, LW, FW divisions.

I don't know if it's USADA thing, but it doesn't matter. The thing is that after that some of the champs started straight up ducking true #1 contenders.

So who is in your opinion is the best fighter in each division?

Imo:

HW: Reem
LHW: DC (cheats don't count)
MW: Rockhold
WW: Wonderboy
LW: Khabib
FW: Conor
BW: Cruz

HW: Conor
LHW: Conor
MW: Conor
WW: Conor
LW: Conor
BW: Conor

Rothwell
Bones
Bisping
Perry
RDA/Alvarez
Artem
Dillashaw
MM

Edit: khabib beats anybody at 155 if he ever fights them (emphasis on "if")

Last edited:
It's so devastating that we're being robbed of the greatest fight of all times. I'm a big time Anderson fanbpy, and for sheer style I still consider him the GOAT, but I have to admit that pound for pound...and not just pound for pound, Jon Bones is the best fighter the UFC has ever seen. If he wanted to, He could have been undefeated at both LHW and HW for the past 3 years in my opinion.
I think he's absolutely wreck Miocic, Overeem, Werdum etc.

I've been saying for years that Wonderboy is the real deal.

So for me the real standouts are:

Bones
Wonderboy
Cormier
Cruz

And I think every other fighter in every division is fighting in a pool of people with similar skills. These dudes above (perhaps not even Cormier) are the only real outliers IMO

Overeem
DC/Bones
The Chris
Robbie Lawler
????
Conor
Cruz

I dont think LW has a best figher at the moment

Cain
Jones
The Chris
Maia
Khabib
Conor
Cruz
Mm

Overeem
Jones
Romero
Woodley
Khabib
N/A
Sterling
Mighty Mouse

HW: Stipe/Cain/JDS/Overeem all even
LHW: Jones
MW: Anderson (yup) kicked Bispings ass and did what he did against Cormier at 41, and had flukey losses to Weidman while past his prime.
LW: RDA I think beats Alvarez most of the time- and is improved enough to beat Khabib but this division is still a clusterfuck I can't really speculate
FW: Aldo and Conor. Need to see the fight last more then 1 exchange to draw a conclusion
BW: Cruz no doubt
FW: MM easy

HW: Velasquez
LHW: Jones (hate to admit)
MW: Weidman
WW: Lawler
LW: RDA
FW: Aldo
FLW: Johnson
WBW: Holm
FLW: Joanna (can't spell her last name)

Cain
DC
Weidman
Unsure - WW is wide open IMO
Unsure - Khabib, RDA, Ferguson, Alvarez and a couple of Bellator LWs can all beat each other
Conor
Cruz
MM

Hw-Cain
Lhw-rumble
Mw-romero
Ww-maia
Lw-Ferguson
Fw-conor
Bw-cruz-dodson-lineker

Wbw-Ronda-nunes

In the last year we've got 5 title fight KO finishes in the HW, MW, WW, LW, FW divisions.

I don't know if it's USADA thing, but it doesn't matter. The thing is that after that some of the champs started straight up ducking true #1 contenders.

So who is in your opinion is the best fighter in each division?

Imo:

HW: Reem
LHW: DC (cheats don't count)
LW: Khabib

100% agree with your list.

Werdum
Jon Jones
Weidman
Maia
Rafael dos Anjos
Conor
The rest dont matter

HW: Werdum
LHW: Jones
WW: Wonderboy (via beating Rory who IMO, even with the 2 losses to Lawler, was the better fighter skills wise and has wins over Maia & Woodley)
LW: RDA
FW: Aldo
FLW: Johnson
WBW: Rousey (I'm no fan, but if she fought smart like Tate did and implements wrestling takedowns she'd kill Holm on the ground)
FLW: Joanna (I can't spell her last name)

Stipe/Reem
Jones
Weidman/Jacare
Wonderboy
RDA
Conor
Cruz
MM

It's so devastating that we're being robbed of the greatest fight of all times. I'm a big time Anderson fanbpy, and for sheer style I still consider him the GOAT, but I have to admit that pound for pound...and not just pound for pound, Jon Bones is the best fighter the UFC has ever seen. If he wanted to, He could have been undefeated at both LHW and HW for the past 3 years in my opinion.
I think he's absolutely wreck Miocic, Overeem, Werdum etc.

I've been saying for years that Wonderboy is the real deal.

So for me the real standouts are:

Bones
Wonderboy
Cormier
Cruz

And I think every other fighter in every division is fighting in a pool of people with similar skills. These dudes above (perhaps not even Cormier) are the only real outliers IMO

Conor isn't an outlier at FW? Lol dude went 7-0 and destroyed its GOAT without breaking a sweat.

Back