Who has better ground game: Mir or Maia?

KOfinger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Both of them are amazing and in my opinion they have the best ground game in the ufc.

Maia no question. Mir is a fine grappler but mainly a submission artist. Maia does it all

Love Frank but it's Maia. Mir has the more devastating submissions and can latch onto anything from awkward positions, but Maia is just elite all around.

Not to mention Mir rolled with Maia and said if Maia wanted to have sex with him, he wouldnt be able to stop him.

The answer is Maia. By a considerable margin.

Maia, jacare and werdum have the best BJJ in the ufc.

Love Frank but it's Maia. Mir has the more devastating submissions and can latch onto anything from awkward positions, but Maia is just elite all around.

Not to mention Mir rolled with Maia and said if Maia wanted to have sex with him, he wouldnt be able to stop him.

It has been decided then. Maia it is.

maia by far, and compared to frank thats saying something.

i don't think anyone has a better mma/bjj game than maia.
even jacare..
ive said it before, i have done bjj for a long time and id have better luck trying to plat fog than take on main.

It's not really.

Has Maia ever submitted a black belt in UFC?

Frank breaking big nogs arm is greater than anything maia has done in the UFC

Frank mir won the title in like 30 seconds with an arm break vs Timmay

Lets not forget when Frank sub'd the BEAST BROCK LESNAR!

Frank has done more with his sub game then maia can even dream about

Maia also told Mir "you can go hard if you want" while they rolled. He thought Mir was taking it easy on him

Maia isnt human

Listening to Frank tell that story was one of the best things I've ever heard in MMA. I want Frank back behind the mic, he's a natural at it.

It's not really.

Has Maia ever submitted a black belt in UFC?

Frank breaking big nogs arm is greater than anything maia has done in the UFC

Frank mir won the title in like 30 seconds with an arm break vs Timmay

Frank has done more with his sub game then maia can even dream about

Jason McDonald
Ed Herman

Mir is good for his weight class, one of the best. Maia has the best mma bjj in the game. That said, seeing who would win given their weight discrepancy if they rolled would be interesting.

Listening to Frank tell that story was one of the best things I've ever heard in MMA. I want Frank back behind the mic, he's a natural at it.

Another reason for KONE to hate Lesnar. I really wish he could be a commentator again despite him talking about Lesnar dying. I loved his commentary when I watch old WEC fights.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back