Demian Maia vs. Robbie Lawler next?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Would you like to see Maia take the Woodley route and wait until he get's a titleshot, or do you wanna see him get out there one more time and fight Lawler?

Most folks don't think Maia could get Lawler down, due to his TDD. I'm not sure. I think Maia can get ANYONE to the ground at WW.

Most folks don't think Maia could get Lawler down, due to his TDD. I'm not sure. I think Maia can get ANYONE to the ground at WW.
Yeah is there someone at WW he failed to take down yet? He even took down and controled Rory before he gassed

No please make Lawler vs Nick 2

A few years ago the narrative was he would never take down a good fighter because he doesn't use traditional wrestling. I'm glad that's changed

The man said he would wait for his well deserved title shot. And he's going to get that title make no mistake.

"Now, it's my turn. You fight me if I want to fight you, and if you don't, you need to be quiet. I am the champ, not you" said by none other than Tyron "Huge Draw" Woodley.

He said he wants GSP or Nick Diaz in a big money fight, but I don't think it is fair to guys like Thompson and Maia who are on incredible runs.

They should just give maia the next shot after Wonderboy. Dude has earned it

Let Maia wait. No need to possibly eliminate more contenders and Maia has done enough already for a title shot

They should fight to the living death

Nah they need to get Woodley in the cage with Wonderboy, while Maia waits to challenge the winner. Both deserve a shot, they are clearly ahead of their peers now

I'd like to see Maia get the title shot over Wonderboy just because he's 38 and I'm not sure how much longer he can preform at this level. Also I think his R1 sub over Carlos fucking Conduit was more impressive than Wonderboy taking Rory the distance.

They both equally deserve a shot though.

Lawler I'm sorry to say is broke the f*** down. He can't and never will be able to walk without a limp again, much less defend a takedown from this version of Maia. I don't think people realize how much bigger Maia is over the rest of the division. He woud tap Lawler faster than Condit.

Last edited:
He's earned his shot at the winner of Woodley/Wonderboy fight.

Back