conorgoat

KOfinger is my little bitch
@purple
Reaction score
Guys, do you know why UFC didn't make this savage fight? DISCUSS

B5fFYUK.png

Guys, do you know why UFC didn't make this savage fight? DISCUSS

B5fFYUK.png

Would have been great in Rich's prime, I would have had him winning a UD or TKOing Bisping.

Rich was never really the same though after the Silva losses, and by the time Bisping was a big name Rich was far past his prime and probably would have gotten trashed.

I agree he should try and bring him out of retirement like TY-RUN is trying to bring GSP out of retirement.

dont think ufc liked him a lot ... i think he pulled low number or something

I always thought Rich was better. He was kinda like a better version of Bisping. They have the same skillsets and everything.

Hed probably beat Bisping since back then Bisping would lose every big he was given until this year

Would have been great in Rich's prime, I would have had him winning a UD or TKOing Bisping.

Rich was never really the same though after the Silva losses, and by the time Bisping was a big name Rich was far past his prime and probably would have gotten trashed.
The Rich that beat Wand in Brazil was still great.

Because Bisping was at the low end of the division and losing, while Rich was taking higher ranked opponents.

That doesn't sound like Rich. He's way too humble and respectful to make that last statement.

Rich was way better than bisping,he was a beast with more ko'd than bisping could dream of..and I'm a fan of the count

wonder if he wants to come back in this post usada era. Seems like he could hang with Weidman and Bisping. Probably not with Jacare or Romero though.

I always thought Rich was much better than Bisping based on common opponents at a similar timeframe of their careers. Matt Hamill- Beat Bisping up, Franklin destroyed Hamill. Wanderlei Silva- Dropped Bisping twice and won a decision, I thought Franklin won a clearcut decision both times. Dan Henderson- Bisping was outclassed, Franklin made Hendo pee blood and was a tough decision victory.

I'm dubious of the authenticity of those quotes.

Good call. Would have been an awesome fight!!
In retrospect there are a lot of fights like this..if we only knew then :)

I know that Bisping fought Rashad, Hendo, Wanderlei early on his career but I also think the UFC fed him alot of winnable fights too because they wanted the UK marketing. Bisping fought fighters such as Elvis,McCarthey, Day, Kang, Akiyama, Rivera, Dan Miller, Mayhem Miller. Alot of bispings fights back then were kind of gimmes. Fights with Rich Franklin or Alan Belcher earlier would of made alot of sense.

It's one of the fights I wanted to see the most at MW, not as badly as Matt Lindland vs Anderson but still.
I wanted to see some boxing in the octagon I guess, but I always perceived Bisping as a slightly lesser version of Franklin.
Still would have been a good scrap, too bad...

I know that Bisping fought Rashad, Hendo, Wanderlei early on his career but I also think the UFC fed him alot of winnable fights too because they wanted the UK marketing. Bisping fought fighters such as Elvis,McCarthey, Day, Kang, Akiyama, Rivera, Dan Miller, Mayhem Miller. Alot of bispings fights back then were kind of gimmes. Fights with Rich Franklin or Alan Belcher earlier would of made alot of sense.
Damn, so much wrong in this post... fight finder doesn't give context for these fights, and the Hendo and Wand fights were not early in Bisping career.

Damn, so much wrong in this post... fight finder doesn't give context for these fights, and the Hendo and Wand fights were not early in Bisping career.
Bisping fought all those guys I listed and none of them were important wins. Just a win for the British fans.

I'll always have respect for Frankin, always comes to fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back