Damien Maia willing to Woodley for title shot after quick submission of Condit.

MMAViewer

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
You read it right, Maia is going to wait it out. Just like Woodley did!!!

Can you imagine if Maia wanted to get a raise if he wins the belt?

The shit talk he would get from sherdog!!!

But Maia's never been known to avoid fighting anyone at his respective weight class. He's almost 40, I'd give him a pass as its not likely he'll get another shot if he were to lose his next fight.

Willing to Woodley ? Sounds interesting : )

I don't know how far I'd go for a title shot, but I don't think I'd woodley for one.

you have to be pretty ambitious to woodley someone for a title shot

Well they both did it or will do it after stopping Condit lol

yeah but woodly had some bs victories as opposed to Maia's dominance
Maia actually earned his shot
You read it right, Maia is going to wait it out. Just like Woodley did!!!

Can you imagine if Maia wanted to get a raise if he wins the belt?

The shit talk he would get from sherdog!!!

With the exception of Lawler, everyone else would pretty much be a step down after beating Condit.

If Maia Woodleys and Woodley Wonderboys Wonderboy may Maia

I wonder if Dana White will let Woodley choose between being knocked out by Wonderboy or submitted by Maia.

Probably because he's won six straight not two.

Woodley waited because he was injured and Lawler defended twice while Woodley was out.

I thought pulling a woodley was getting thrown a bone and then locking the door behind you to avoid wonderboy.

I don't think woodley should be criticized for doing something the UFC allowed him to but those situations are still fairly different. I don't think there's anything to criticize Maia for. he deserves a title shot for beating Condit. there's another guy in line and he is next.

But Maia's never been known to avoid fighting anyone at his respective weight class. He's almost 40, I'd give him a pass as its not likely he'll get another shot if he were to lose his next fight.
Always a excuse as to why certain type of fighters are treated worse.

It's hard to blame the guy, he's earned 6 straight. He should just be weary, if he's on the shelf for a while and someone wow's the audience, he'll be forgotten and jumped in line. GSP could come back and jump him in line just by virtue of being GSP.

Back