Lawler vs Condit was a career shortening fight.

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Condit gets rocked on the feet by Maia of all people, gets rocked on the ground, gives up his neck/back so he wont get hit anymore. He even admit's this.

Lawler gets knocked out in his last fight by Woodley. Yes by a big powerful punch but Lawler used to eat those for dinner.

I love how people said Condit won the fight against Lawler and others say Lawler rightfully won the fight. When in hindsight there were no winners in that fight. Actually I'm wrong. There was one winner in the Condit vs Lawler fight. The fans.

That rear naked choke was a career shortening fight.!

When did Condit get rocked on the FEET by Maia? I must have missed that part.

Lawler vs Rory was much more of a career shortening fight

That was a war, it may have shortened each man's career a bit, but their respective opponent's deserve their due.

Maia is a motherfucking wizard on the ground and his wrestling has improved quite a bit and it was damn good before. His submissions have always been nasty but lately his takedowns are becoming unstoppable, like prime Matt Hughes.

And although I am not a fan of his hypocritical change of agenda from "title fights need to be based on ranking only" to " I want money fights" - or his ducking Lombard, Wonderboy and Maia..... Tyron Woodley has a nasty right hand and he put Robbie away, so good for him.

When did Condit get rocked on the FEET by Maia? I must have missed that part.
I missed it too! But apparently it hurt him. I replayed it and the punch didn't look like anything major. He absorbed way harder punches from Lawler but in his own words it hurt him. He admitted to it.

Lawler/Condit was such a great fight. That was probably the apex of both of their careers.

But yes, they both took a lot of damage in that fight.

I missed it too! But apparently it hurt him. I replayed it and the punch didn't look like anything major. He absorbed way harder punches from Lawler but in his own words it hurt him. He admitted to it.

Nah I think he was talking about the punch Maia landed when Carlos was on the ground. He said it hurt him bad and Maia didn't know it.

I thought he said the GROUND strikes hurt him? I didn't hear him say he was rocked on the feet.

maia threw like 2-3 feelers and shot the single . but yeh for sure , condit and lawler def need to slow it down

I don't believe a fight that has such an effecton a fighters chin. Sometimes fighters get KO'd by weak punches and in their next fight can take haymakers. There are way too many variables to consider to put the blame on a previous fights outcome

Remind me of Shogun vs Hendo. Those wars took a toll on them. But impressive how Hendo rebounded. Hopefully Shogun returns.

People keep sleeping on Maia's stand-up just like Luke did with Bisping. K1 Maia is never to be taken for granted.

Back