Why did Conor lie and say he retired when he did not?

Diggem

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Conor has always been a hypocrite but why did all of that get swept under the rug? He said that he retired but yet he never did.

I-am-rich-floyd-mayweather-throwing-money.gif

Tongue in cheek negotiation tactic.

The real question is are you going to be salty for the rest of your life because your boy got slept in 13 seconds?

6205 posts before this one.So you turned troll or got punched by Rumble?

a form of "clickbait"

got lots of eyes looking
created a lot of buzz

He said he decided to retire young, not that he decided to retire today. If he retires at 35 that tweet will still be true.

He was pissed at the time at UFC and he did it to make the UFC mad. He clearly wasn't serious because when they said that he would have to wait another 4 months because of USADA, he revoked it immediatly.

Conor has UFC by the balls right now. He knows it. Ufc stars like Brock, Jones and Ronda are out. Who else does the ufc have? Eddie Alvarez? I heard GSP is teasing a comeback for the millionth time. Stipe Micocic? Oh that's right Daniel Cormier is a huge star!! Wrong wrong wrong. Conor is it right now. He negotiates good contracts for himself.

He wanted to show the UFC that he could generate press without going to a press conference.

He never officially told the commission to stop testing him so he never really retired

Conor has always been a hypocrite but why did all of that get swept under the rug? He said that he retired but yet he never did.

did I timetravel back in time 6 months? You're still triggered over something this old? Time to move on man.

Because he understands marketing better than any other fighter and knew it would get everyone talking and little bitches like you crying. It worked completely here we are now still discussing it.

why did he lie about tearing an ACL despite never having reconstructive surgery? The guy lies.

His stupid ass thought he could control the ufc.
They called him out on it and booted his ass off of 200.
I think he knows his bounds now...arrogant lil bastard aint he?

Tongue in cheek negotiation tactic.

The real question is are you going to be salty for the rest of your life because your boy got slept in 13 seconds?

Negotiation?
They dropped his ass quick for 200...ufc 200 would have been amazing and they bounced his ass lol!
Hes not as "needed" as he thought. UFC will always find someone else eventually.

why did he lie about tearing an ACL despite never having reconstructive surgery? The guy lies.

Oh yeah that was total bullshit...if his ACL was actually torn, he would have been out for a while.

Back