So Who is Lying: Duane Ludwig or Urijah Faber?

RichardN7

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Kinds of old news, but I recently read up on the whole Alpha Male/Ludwig&TJ beef, and I wonder now.
Urijah says Duane is a douchebag, racist, gold-digger, traitor, liar, etc.
Supposedly, Duane offended blacks and women at TAM, screwed Urijah out of his post-fight commissions, showed up drunk, (I hate a drunk coach, has happened to me :/ ) tried to get his sponsors to betray him, made off with TJ, etc...

Duane says Urijah is disorganized, punchy, greedy, liar, etc.
Supposedly he was doing what's best for TJ and wants to help him be the best, as he's a self-proclaimed GOAT-trainer.

I can't imagine Urijah is lying, but I happen to really dig him as a person. He seemed real nice and honest on TUF.
I think Duane is an egoistic, lying scumbag, and TJ (as McGregor put it) is a snake.

On the other hand, you never know?

Thoughts?

?
Still beef between the 2?

At this rate they are going to outlast the Israeli - Palestinian conflict

As is always the case, the truth likely lies somewhere between the 2 accounts.

TJ Dillasnake is lying thats all I know because Conor said so.

I tend to favour Faber. Duane has that snake oil salesman vibe to him. Maybe they are both lying. But I think Duane is full of more shit than asschin. <47>

Duane being a snakeoil man is also why TJ happened to be attracted to him more.

gdzie-le-aring-frac14-auml.jpg

Its possible that theyre both telling the truth

As is always the case, the truth likely lies somewhere between the 2 accounts.
Exactly. Duane does seem like a douche though and I remember tons of people were speculating on here that he was drunk/high for some pre/post fight interviews.

Joe Rogan even straight up asked him if he was on cocaine when he had him on his podcast at a certain point because dude was just acting loopy as fuck.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't understand why anybody who wasn't part of that gym would be personally invested in this nonsense.

To me I don't see anything that excludes both stories from being true.

Also, TJ leaving TAM for Bang's gym isn't sinister backstabbery.

TJ had success with Bang's coaching style and made the best decision for his career. Urijah lost his percentage of the big fight money so he's understandably pissed.

Inter-squad squabbles belong in the gym. I'm bored with it.

Stopped reading at Urijah wouldn't lie.

Yeah he fucking would, and him being really good at making it seem that way is why you believe him. He'll throw anyone under the bus he can in anyway he can so he doesn't look bad. Duane is dumb as a stump and doesn't know how to defend himself with any sort of eloquence. Urijah gets that public opinion is a fickle courtroom and he's a much better lawyer than most of the fighters he ends up having beef with.

They're both probably both right. Duane's probably an awful person hawking peanut butter and Urijah probably is an insecure douche that will bury a friend if he thinks it will keep bad press away from his gym.

Going w/Uriah on this one. That said he was warned about Ludwig before he brought him in.

Also, TJ leaving TAM for Bang's gym isn't sinister backstabbery.

TJ had success with Bang's coaching style and made the best decision for his career. Urijah lost his percentage of the big fight money so he's understandably pissed.

Inter-squad squabbles belong in the gym. I'm bored with it.
This. Best career move for TJ. I think he takes cruz in a rematch and I don't even like the guy.

Well it's pretty obvious Duane was just a piece to the success of TJ. So TJ is the real loser in this feud. I don't know why he would go with the guy who was going to leave him for his own dream. Not saying Duane didn't have the right to leave, but why follow a coach who doesn't put you first? I don't really care, it's all drama. Just seems like TJ made a mistake and Duane is sketchy. We'll see if any of the alpha male guys who left will ever have the same success. You can't just rip a team apart, move, and pretend like it's all the same. Seems like they all are to busy chasing pennies rather than focusing on gold.

Duane either has a coke problem or an adderall prescription. The dude is crazy

When I was keeping track of this at the time, it seemed clear that urijah was being more truthful

Duane came across as disorganized and paranoid, and tbh a little dumb/lacking in common sense (regardless of how high his fight iq may be)

Like I don't even know that Duane knows he was lying. Some of his responses seemed paranoia and stupidity driven

Back