Diaz McGregor 3 won't happen

n.diazismylife1999

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Dana was visibly annoyed in the interviews he gave that N8 wanted to renegotiate his 200 contract for 202, and asked for quite a lot more money apparently. N8 also made Dana and Lorenzo run circles and fly to Stockton, etc.

N8 has always thought he's more of a draw than he is. Dana wants payback. So, UFC will offer Nate a much worse contract for the trilogy fight than they did for 202 -- reason? They don't need him anymore. Conor would just like to cement the fact he's better by winning 2-1, but he doesn't NEED obsessively to fight Nate.

So Nate will price himself out, thinking he deserves more, while the UFC won't have to dance to his tune anymore.

I look forward to hearing about this when the negotiations start and then nodding knowingly, as if to say.... "that'll do, Nate Diaz, that'll do."

41841-Leonardo-Dicaprio-zoom-and-nod-Ckhe.gif

They are desperate to leave it as Conor was better and won the last fight

With is crap

Only way 3 happens if is Conor goes on a losing spree and nobody cares anymore about keeping his worked on "GOAT" status up in a horribly fake way

They are desperate to leave it as Conor was better and won the last fight

With is crap

Only way 3 happens if is Conor goes on a losing spree and nobody cares anymore about keeping his worked on "GOAT" status up in a horribly fake way

It's like Nate said, everyone wants the rematch, and he never gets them.

Dana was visibly annoyed in the interviews he gave that N8 wanted to renegotiate his 200 contract for 202, and asked for quite a lot more money apparently. N8 also made Dana and Lorenzo run circles and fly to Stockton, etc.

N8 has always thought he's more of a draw than he is. Dana wants payback. So, UFC will offer Nate a much worse contract for the trilogy fight than they did for 202 -- reason? They don't need him anymore. Conor would just like to cement the fact he's better by winning 2-1, but he doesn't NEED obsessively to fight Nate.

So Nate will price himself out, thinking he deserves more, while the UFC won't have to dance to his tune anymore.

I look forward to hearing about this when the negotiations start and then nodding knowingly, as if to say.... "that'll do, Nate Diaz, that'll do."

41841-Leonardo-Dicaprio-zoom-and-nod-Ckhe.gif

Nate doesn't deserve a rematch.

FANS don't deserve to be fed a rematch.

He (Nate) had his fucking chance at a trilogy if he would've won the rematch (I wanted him to win, bu I expected him to lose; I posted as much on this forum) but...that didn't happen.

Nate fucked himself.

Oh well.

He (Nate) had his fucking chance at a trilogy if he would've won the rematch (I wanted him to win, bu I expected him to lose; I posted as much on this forum) but...that didn't happen.

Nate fucked himself.

Oh well.
Are you just a little salty at Nate because you bet on him?

no it wont - it makes no sense financially for the ufc - its best to just move on w conor, hes the big draw - nate is going to fight tooth and nail for a lot of money but his situation is comprimised now - before when he had beaten conor and conor wanted that fight back, he held a big chip

Nate fucked himself.

Oh well.

What makes you think there would be a third fight if nate had beat him twice in a row?

Nate fucked himself.

Oh well.
Why would there be a trilogy if Nate beat McGregor twice?

The whole point of a trilogy is that one guy won the first fight, another guy won the rematch, and you need a decisive third fight to decide who the real winner is. Like with Ali-Frazier.

Or even one guy wins the first fight, then a draw, like Edgar-Maynard.

If you beat someone twice, that's it. That's why there was no Silva-Sonnen III.

They can make that fight no matter who either of them fight next, so there's no rush. It will happen again.

Both fighters are still young. I'd imagine it would happen eventually. Even if it was 5 years away. Conor's only 28 and Nate is only 31

You guys are greatly underestimating how important casual fan interest is to PPV buys. Nate is a name casual fans know and this is a rivalry they understand. I'd be very, very surprised if a 3rd fight didn't happen at one point down the road.

Both fighters are still young. I'd imagine it would happen eventually. Even if it was 5 years away. Conor's only 28 and Nate is only 31
Nate has been in the UFC for 10 years, takes a lot of damage and parties quite a bit. Don't be fooled by the pre USADA years, Nate is near the end of his career.

Are you just a little salty at Nate because you bet on him?

I made a LONG/DETAILED thread about the rematch.

In that thread I detailed why I decided NOT TO BET ON THAT FIGHT even though I wanted Nate to win.

So no, I'm not salty about it.

I don't think Nate will fight again.

He made 10+ million and makes no sense for him to go back to getting paid 100k to fight - which is the most Dana would likely go. he can't rationally get motivated for that kind of money after the last 2 fights. he's set for life if he handles his money right. he could live off interest of the 15 or so million he made between the 2 fights with conor.

Conor diaz 3 will only happen if conor beats alverez and then one title defense - which is possible but unlikely - then conor might push for diaz fight if people are even thinking about the trilogy at that point. if conor is riding high at 155 champion, there would be no reason for him to seek a 3rd fight with diaz at that point, even if he thinks its a good idea now

Nate has been in the UFC for 10 years, takes a lot of damage and parties quite a bit. Don't be fooled by the pre USADA years, Nate is near the end of his career.
did you know Nick And Nate are actually the same people :eek:

Why would there be a trilogy if Nate beat McGregor twice?

The whole point of a trilogy is that one guy won the first fight, another guy won the rematch, and you need a decisive third fight to decide who the real winner is. Like with Ali-Frazier.

Or even one guy wins the first fight, then a draw, like Edgar-Maynard.

If you beat someone twice, that's it. That's why there was no Silva-Sonnen III.

Had Nate won, then Conor would've wanted to fight him again in LARGE part to stall.

Seriously, the rematch itself was a STALL tactic, as Conor SHOULD have been fighting for a belt, or............something.

I'm pretty sure this 3rd fight will happen eventually. Just not in the foreseeable future.

Back