Demian Maia has absorbed just 13 significant strikes in past 4 bouts

DOMMA

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I picked against Maia for the last time, I thought Condit would KO him last night. In the post USADA era, Maia is crushing competitors without taking any damage - http://mmajunkie.com/2016/08/ufc-on...d-just-13-significant-strikes-in-past-4-bouts.

I think Maia beats Woodley. I'm not sure Wonderboy can keep in at striking distance either. I'm thinking this 38 year old Jujitsu guy going to be the next champ? Would you bet against him?

Yes. Against wonderboy & Woodley I would. I love him & he continues to surprise me but those are some big challenges. If he beat Woodley I'd cream my pants tho.

Remember the Marquardt fight?
How many did he absorb in that one?

and Maia was KO'd just once by a prime Nate Marquardt.

You better not be implying Condit was a cheat TS:mad:

WW Maia is scary that for sure.
He fell in love with striking for a while, good thing he went back to heavy bjj.

I would favor Maia over the rest of the division right now.

once upon a time he didn't do so good against larger athletic guys with power. That describes both of these 2. I'm not sure who would win either fight to be honest.

That's called being efficient at your job.

I think he has a better job of taking out Wonderboy than he does Woodley. Woodley might be able to stuff takedowns due to his wrestling background, and potentially lay some nasty shots that would make Maia think twice about shooting for a takedown.

I think with Wonderboy, Maia would be able to close the distance rather quickly, cut off the cage, and impose his will. You want to talk about a lot of resetting and moving?! Wonderboy will have to do that against Maia.

What does this have to do with those stats?
No idea if you're Condit fans or whatever but you sound salty.
Point is you only gotta absorb one to get beat sometimes.

That's extremely impressive. But what happens when he doesn't get his first takedown? Or the first 3?

Maia only got KO'd against Nate because he just started training his stand up with Wand. He made a careless mistake and Nate made him pay. Luckily for Maia, Nate is also a gentlemen and he didn't throw anymore punches knowing Maia was done.

Back