Fighters who fake going out

FootstompShonie

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Saw a lot of debate yesterday about whether or not Condit was faking going out to try and get the fight stopped before he tapped to the RNC.

Was wondering of other occasions this has happened in MMA, either from strikes or chokes.

One that sticks out to me the most is Mike King-Cathal Pendred. Dude literally acted like he went out before the choke was even locked in after 2-seconds lmao.

what would be the benefit for the fighter?

Lyoto Machida
jonchokemac_medium_medium_medium.gif

No one fakes going out. They give up and let the choke put them out.

Last night Condit gave up but didn't go out as fast as he thought he would so he tapped.

This discussion is ridiculous.

Yeah a blood choke doesn't make you go unconscious in literally less than 2 seconds. Have you ever done BJJ and been put in an RNC before?

Literally you don't even go out that fast if you let someone put you in a perfect RNC with pressure on both sides of the neck. Let alone a scramble where the choke isn't in proper position like on King.

4 to 8 seconds or so is how long it takes for your brain to shut off after cutting off blood flow through a choke.

When I was 14 I got attacked by a neighbours dog. It was a big husky.. I was able to flip the mount, gain back position, and secure in a RNC. I actually choked a dog out. I will admit, he was a tough son of a bitch, he didn't tap.

Yeah a blood choke doesn't make you go unconscious in literally less than 2 seconds. Have you ever done BJJ and been put in an RNC before?

Literally you don't even go out that fast if you let someone put you in a perfect RNC with pressure on both sides of the neck. Let alone a scramble where the choke isn't in proper position like on King.
You can go out to a blood choke within a couple seconds. 90% of the time I tap knowing exactly how much time I have to try to escape. But loop chokes especially, the world is vibrating so hard within 2 seconds it's unreal.

When I was 14 I got attacked by a neighbours dog. It was a big husky.. I was able to flip the mount, gain back position, and secure in a RNC. I actually choked a dog out. I will admit, he was a tough son of a bitch, he didn't tap.
thats the thing about dogs, if you get their back they are hopeless, they can't do nothing. But cats can reverse position, they are much more agile and they will scratch you a lot, a cat would have ended up in your guard for sure and it could have passed to side control if its a intelligent one. But dogs once you get their back its a wrap.

You can go out to a blood choke within a couple seconds. 90% of the time I tap knowing exactly how much time I have to try to escape. But loop chokes especially, the world is vibrating so hard within 2 seconds it's unreal.
You might start losing vision around 2-3 seconds but you won't go unconscious.

I mean seriously they've done scientific studies cutting off the arteries to your neck. In most people it took about 10 seconds, some as little as 6 depending on the pressure strength but none quicker than that. This is with a perfect RNC. I saw videos studying it when I first got into MMA I'll try to find them.

Edit: here it is, they did a study and tested the pressure of BJ Penn's, Fedor's, and Gina Carano's chokes and then had them choke out the host to see how long it takes to go unconscious.

You might start losing vision around 2-3 seconds but you won't go unconscious.

I mean seriously they've done scientific studies cutting off the arteries to your neck. In most people it took about 10 seconds, some as little as 6 depending on the pressure strength but none quicker than that. This is with a perfect RNC. I saw videos studying it when I first got into MMA I'll try to find them.

Edit: here it is, they did a study and tested the pressure of BJ Penn's, Fedor's, and Gina Carano's chokes and then had them choke out the host to see how long it takes to go unconscious.

Last I heard that show is kind of a joke. Also didn't Finch go out against Burkman in like 2-3 seconds?

Last I heard that show is kind of a joke. Also didn't Finch go out against Burkman in like 2-3 seconds?
Nah he had him the choke a good 5 seconds, even more if you count when he's first choking him in the standing guillotine.

8_Josh_Burkman_vs._Jon_Fitch.gif

Back