Matt Brown survived longer than Carlos Condit

trustno1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I'm not surprised that Maia won, I could see it coming as a potential result, but I didn't really expect Condit to be put away so early in the fight. Surprsingly Matt Brown put a better performance, defended well the first 2 rounds and actually threatened Maia with a punch in the 3 round putting him on his back, but made a stupid mistake following him for the GNP and get taken down again and submitted eventually.

Matt Brown might be feeling a little bit better from this result after getting demolished by Jake Ellenberger. :D

Never liked Carlos or Rory. Glad to see them on their way outm

Put on boring ass fights and losing usually. Their fans say "wow that was a war!" everytime they lose. Fuck that.

You think Carlos Condit puts on boring ass fights?

Other than last night....I bet you've never seen a Carlos Condit fight.

Because only someone who's never seen him fight would say that.

Put on boring ass fights and losing usually. Their fans say "wow that was a war!" everytime they lose. Fuck that.
The most exciting welterweight ever and one of the most exciting fighters period.
Go look up his record, there dude finished most of his fights he won and the fights he lost were super close and most thought he did win.

And Gunnar Nelson survived longer than Matt Brown...
And Ryan Laflare survived longer than Gunnar Nelson.....

Maybe Maia just worked on some stuff in the last couple of months. Maybe he just had the open opportunity that never popped up in those other fights. It doesn't mean anything. There's no MMAth involved in this.

Rory, dominates Maia and the current champ.. to bellator.

Also fuck the people who shit on Condit, he's always ready to bring a fight.

Maybe Maia just worked on some stuff in the last couple of months. Maybe he just had the open opportunity that never popped up in those other fights. It doesn't mean anything. There's no MMAth involved in this.

Yes, that's a fair point. It was just interesting for me and these fights were back to back too.

And Phil Davis lasted longer striking with Rumble than Gus or Glover did.

Time lasted is not a direct evaluation of how good a fighter is.

You're an idiot. Condit has had one boring fight in his entire career

There'sno MMAth period. Only jackfools spawn threads like these.

And Phil Davis lasted longer striking with Rumble than Gus or Glover did.

Time lasted is not a direct evaluation of how good a fighter is.

I agree with this argument, but I think it's just interesting and a bit impressive. The fights were back to back too like I mentioned. It's not like I'm comparing this fight to an old ass one from years ago.

Yeah Brown did better than I thought with Maia, that fight was close to going to a decision. He has improved his choke defense a lot, when he was first in UFC he used to get tapped out quick

Back