Could Maia sub a Prime Fedor in a grappling match?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What u guys think? I think he subs the Goat, but wouldnt be easy.

Jeesus Louisus have fedor threads gone down to Maia grappling match now?

No.

I think Fedor holds his own. He might lose on points, but doesn't get tapped.

Yeah. In grappling he has grappled some animals bigger than Fedor. But Fedor's Sambo and size are real obstacles. Fedor handled Nog on the ground but Nog isn't even on the level below Maia. I just love Maia.

If he could submit a 265 pounds Gonzaga in his prime he can definitely submit the MMA GOAT in a GRAPPLING match.

Would I favor him? Hell no, but it could definitely happen.

depends on what rules
I think they probably go the distance
He certainly could
Maia's no slouch in absolutes

Fedor was a very oportunistic scrambler, he would run out of ideas in a straight up grappling match against someone the caliber of Maia.
He could make it to a points decision thanks to his size and strength, but Maia has a big shot at subbing him.

You all are forgetting one thing my Friend. Fedor's accolades in Judo. He is a blackbelter with 2 Bronze medals in IJF Tourney. He won't be in deep water in a straight up grappling match against Maia.

It's not just because of his size but also his technique will help him out there.

I doubt it because of the strength disparity.

You all are forgetting one thing my Friend. Fedor's accolades in Judo. He is a blackbelter with 2 Bronze medals in IJF Tourney. He won't be in deep water in a straight up grappling match against Maia.

It's not just because of his size but also his technique will help him out there.

Lol OK cuz two bronzes in Judo is gonna stop Maia

Fedor's only chance is his strength and size

Go listen to what Frank Mir said about grappling Maia. Maia would have his way with Fedor.

Lol OK cuz two bronzes in Judo is gonna stop Maia

Fedor's only chance is his strength and size

How many high level Judokas has Maia trained with?? Also a Judoka can be a better grappler than a BJJ practitioner.

If Fedor is not permitted to use strikes, he's going to sleep.

With Gi, Maia definitely taps Fedor or at least beats him on points.

Maybe you new guys need to listen to what Frank freaking Murr said about grappling with Maia.

Back