Demian Maia... how does he do it??? (game study)

As I said in another thread, every counter is wrong.

Whatever you are about to do to escape he is just waiting for.

He's just strong and have a ape tight grip. That's what make his BJJ good, but technically, he is not leagues above the best practitioner in MMA like everyone else is hyping him. He just has very gifted assets for BJJ.

Shields is better than him

I think toquinho would take his leg too

He's just strong and have a ape tight grip. That's what make his BJJ good, but technically, he is not leagues above the best practitioner in MMA like everyone else is hyping him. He just has very gifted assets for BJJ.

you really think his grip is waht makes him pass guards like that?

you really think his grip is waht makes him pass guards like that?
There's always someone here.....

DickFromInternet.jpg

Grip is not everything. Maia has really powerful punches from the ground and is able to transition effortlessly from punches to submission positions. It's very hard to defend. Only way to beat him is perfectness in takedown defense.

Maybe you should change your name from brainwash to braindead

How do you figure? Shields beat him in a ground fight in Brazil lol

That was a great fight and very close. Imo it comes down to whether you favor aggression or control. Maia was constantly looking for the finish but that created openings Shields was able to use to get a dominant position where he'd just coast.

That was a great fight and very close. Imo it comes down to whether you favor aggression or control. Maia was constantly looking for the finish but that created openings Shields was able to use to get a dominant position where he'd just coast.

Agreed it was close, but I think shields deserved the win. And yeah that was like the equivalent of an mma grappling war lol

Agreed it was close, but I think shields deserved the win. And yeah that was like the equivalent of an mma grappling war lol

At the time I thought maia won but over the years I've softened a bit on that position. Even back then I just wanted to see him in a WW title fight.

Would love to see a Shields rematch. This ain't the same Maia. He changed a lot shince.

It's all about applying
overwhelming
body odour :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back