Mcgregor's fighting stance looks weird

onemanshow83

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ive seen a lot of fighters use head movement but Mcgregor just has this weird southpaw stance and he doesnt bob and weave like others do. He just stands there and tags you. Sure he moves when they try to hit him but I've seen guys like Cruz, Jones, Bisping, etc using movement to confuse people but he just stands there. Ive been looking throughout the internet for some explanation on how he's successful at it but I couldnt find any results. Can someone shed light on this?

I believe he's got that natural talent to move fluidly. His reactions are unique. It has nothing to do with Ido touch butt.

He does use head movement. Most of his success comes from moving his head from his opponents right and countering with his big left straight

I'm going to be one of the few people who say this, but I think ido portal has helped him a lot with his movement.

They dont think like he thinks they dont move like he moves and hes also a God if not the God.

Ive seen a lot of fighters use head movement but Mcgregor just has this weird southpaw stance and he doesnt bob and weave like others do. He just stands there and tags you. Sure he moves when they try to hit him but I've seen guys like Cruz, Jones, Bisping, etc using movement to confuse people but he just stands there. Ive been looking throughout the internet for some explanation on how he's successful at it but I couldnt find any results. Can someone shed light on this?
The best type of head movement is the kind where you barely need to move... Go watch BJ/Diaz round 1. Or any bj fight really. They are subtle slips like Mcgregors.

edit: Bunch of retards in this thread

I'm going to be one of the few people who say this, but I think ido portal has helped him a lot with his movement.
200w.gif

He has an excellent understanding of distance and angles. Requires very little unnecessary movement to achieve the same goals as those other fighters you mentioned.

It's because he wants you to think you can hit him, he gives you a target and then counters.

He is always looking to counter hard and knock you out with a counter. If you move like guys like cruz or bisping you cant generate stopping power because your feet is never set.

And his excellent control and understanding of distance enables him to move just slightly out of the way of a strike anad counter.

He is just excellent at dodging. His very long range for someone his height helps him quite a bit as well at countering from that position.

Only problem with that style of defense is when you gas, you literally are just standing there as seen vs Diaz

Because has has good posture in his form.

Straight Spine does wonder for your movement.

Back