Who has more technical BJJ, Jacare or Maia?

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Demian uses the basics and fundamentals better than anyone in MMA when it comes to BJJ and Jacare is much more athletic but technically they are on similar levels IMO. Who do u think is more technical with their BJJ game? They are 1-1 against each other

giphy.gif

Maia by a hair. As you said, they are 1-1 and Jacare is bigger.

In MMA it's Maia. He prefers to use technique whereas Jac prefers to power grapple and smash opponents with GnP to set up subs.

Both are BJJ BEASTS tho

Maia by a hair. As you said, they are 1-1 and Jacare is bigger.

True tho Jaca wasn't as big when they bought fought and Demian is a massive WW who wasn't really undersized back when he was 185

I think Jacares athleticism is more of a factor he could do things Demian and almost most BJJ guys even the Hoger or Marcelo can't due to it. He prolly has the best combination of athleticism and top level BJJ skills ever

It's not like he relies on size for his game either, let's not forget he stomped Fabricio Werdum

Too close to draw a great distinction. The fact that they are 1-1 against each other says it all.

Jacare has had a more decorated grappling career I think.

Too close to call.

Jacare might have a slightly better top game. And Maia a slightly better bottom and back game.

Too close. Don't wanna fuck with either of them.

Jacare has a more explosive style, while Maia is more tricksy, but they both are master at their own style

Jacare, but MAia is a better MMA fighter and will go further in MMA
Jacare has already had more success in MMA... And he is a much much more complete fighter. He doesn't have to show his BJJ nearly as often because he's a pretty good striker.

I'm not a BJJ black belt with at least 10 years of experience so I'm not qualified to tell which one has better BJJ 'technique'

Back