How can MM be P4P #1 when Cruz beat him...

opponent

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
at the same weight class?

Cruz is currently #2.

Make a case for it.

Because in the mean time Mighty Mouse has dropped to his natural weight class and has been absolutely dominant. P4P there aren't many guys with complete skill sets like MM.

Mighty Mouse lost to Cruz at 135, a weight class above his own.

Mighty Mouse is better at 125 than Cruz is at 135 basically.

Why do people ignore the fact that Mighty mouse was a part time fighter when he fought Cruz?

I'd really like to see a rematch. DJ was having some success standing, but just got outmuscled and outwrestled. DJ has also improved more than anyone else since then. Not saying that he could beat Cruz, but I think it would be fireworks.

Because in the mean time Mighty Mouse has dropped to his natural weight class and has been absolutely dominant. P4P there aren't many guys with complete skill sets like MM.

Translation: Cruz #SLAPPED MM into a made up division.

As for your question TS, the UFC just says that nonsense because it's the only way they can try to market MM and the lack of competition he fights @ 125lbs

El Domin8or = #1 Active P4P fighter in the UFC

Prove me wrong Sherbros

Protip: you can't
<33>

Why do people ignore the fact that Mighty mouse was a part time fighter when he fought Cruz?

All are correct

true.

But Cruz has beaten better fighters...Dillashaw, Faber, Bowles...MM himself.

Translation: Cruz #SLAPPED MM into a made up division.

As for your question TS, the UFC just says that nonsense because it's the only way they can try to market MM and the lack of competition he fights @ 125lbs

El Domin8or = #1 Active P4P fighter in the UFC

Prove me wrong Sherbros

Protip: you can't
<33>
I like your thinking.

Because p4p is a fairytale. Its made by the same people that believe in the Easter bunny and santa.

It's pretty self-explanatory if you know what P4P means.

P4P is silly, but while Cruz not only beat Johnson as well as better competition than Johnson has, his inactivity cost him some recognition in this department. If he beats garbrant, Dillashaw again, and lineker, i think Cruz will be the pretty obvious consensus P4P #1.

this. P4P in most rankings isn't about theoretical openweight or skill matchup talks, it's divisional dominance which can be measured in a number of ways including strength of schedule and duration. The former that a lot of sherdoggers get confused about is entirely conjecture... there's no way to determine if an equal sized aldo would be able to stuff GSP's takedowns for example

or that it was just a long time ago now. idk exactly how long ago a fight has to have happened to be not relevant anymore,but 5 years is past it.

135 is 10x tougher a division than 125. The top guys at 125 have all lost to Cruz or someone Cruz beat.

He's on his way to having beat every top guy at 135. He seems to be healthy right now as well and will be making up for that lost time.

MM is a great, great fighter. He is easily one of the most skilled fighters ever and COULD beat anyone, I just think Cruz is also that good and also bigger.

Fight would be insanely competitive but Cruz is just to big while also being quick enough and skilled enough for MM

Back