After a fight where you've taken a lot of damage...

mime

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I wonder how this affects a fighter mentally and physically....like after the wars with Robbie that Condit, Hendricks and Rory went through they didn't seem the same and even Robbie in his last fight seemed to lay back the whole fight.

It must be physically draining of course but then mentally how do you go into a fight knowing that you could go through that again and take that much punishment, even if you're not aware of it, subconsciously it might have some affect.

Of course there are other reasons why you can say why Condit, Rory, Hendricks haven't looked the same like age, matchups, and other things that I'm sure people will touch upon here but taking a beatings seems to age fighters much more quickly like Big Nog and others

5b74o5.jpg

I thought Rory looked good against Wonderboy , he just couldn't get that shit to the mat at any point .

Those crazy wars we all love seem to take something out of a fighter.

I'm sure in the case of Rory or Condit it's also taxing to get right to the cusp of your dreams and realize you aren't good enough but only by the narrowest of measures. That has got to take a toll on your mentality.

Back