Condit needs to move up to 185

cincyjits

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
His frame is too big for him to continue to make 170. He has the size to add to his frame and perhaps not cutting all these weight will take away his fatigue of the sport. I do not want NBK to retire but I feel he may have a new chapter in his career at MW. Thoughts?

Eek. Idk. He's a little too lanky for 185. I can't imagine him fighting a guy like Weidman or Jacare with that TDD of his.

He needs to get better at his takedown defense. Some submission defense would also help him. Maia strangled the fuck outta him.

So Jacare, Weidman or Luke can do the exact same thing to him that Maia did?

I mean, it doesnt seem like a great idea to me since he's not exactly a strong WW but it has worked for Cerrone, so worth a shot I suppose. I just think as soon as he fights a MW grappler he'll be thrown around.

If he's serious about being done he should just do fun fights. Thatch, Brown, E.Silva, Thompson, Nate, Nick, Gunnar, Saffiedine, Masvidal, and Perry just to name a few fun paychecks with little to no wrestling. With that being said 1,2,5 Diaz

He has no strength at 170 because he has little room for mass on his body for the weight. Not having to cut the weight could help him in the strength/power department as well as not taxing the body. The guy has been making 170 for over 10 years now, you don't think the weight cut adds to why he is tired of fighting?

I was thinking the exact opposite. Maybe he can cut down to 155. Does anybody know how much weight Carlos cuts or what his in between fight walk around weight is ? I think if he could make the weight he would be unstoppable at lightweight

He needs to get better at his takedown defense. Some submission defense would also help him. Maia strangled the fuck outta him.
Maia took over on a scramble. Also Condit has only been subbed 3 times before last night. Maia is the GOAT BJJ Fighter in MMA

or go fight Rory in Bellator, first time I agreed with him when he said he doesn't belong in the UFC.

I don't think Condit is one of those cases where cutting less weight will help. He's 5-5 in his last 10. GSP (former champ and division GOAT), Hendricks (former champ), Woodley (current champ), Lawler (former champ) (and he won), and Maia (soon to be title challenger).

He's only lost to the best. He's just got a rough patch career wise. Hook him up with a Matt Brown or Cowboy fight. Maybe Jake Ellenberger. Now if he starts losing to them then it might be retirement time.

Maybe Condit vs Rory 2 in Bellator?

Last edited:
Something very uncomfortable about you not having that GSP av
I know right? only 2 weeks left tho.

At least I still have my sig, I was offered to bet that too but my account would feel empty with that missing too.

If you think Condit has issues with grapplers now...

Back