Condit looked like Holly Holm

cincyjits

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Call it feeling out the other person or gauging distance but both these jackson winklejohn fighters were no where near landing their strikes in their last respective fights. Perhaps a change in scenery could be beneficial for both?

Whether or not you have a valid point, you picked two of the longest entrenched and loyal Wink students. They ain't going anywhere without Wink.

His TDD has always been shit. See my posts before the fight if you think I'm jumping on the bandwagon.

Condit's heart probably isn't in the game the way it needs to be. He has been contemplating giving up the sport for awhile. That's the way of all flesh.

His TDD has always been shit. See my posts before the fight if you think I'm jumping on the bandwagon.
He trained his TDD a lot since his injury. Getting taken down by Maia doesn't quite let us know what level it's at today. Maia has some of the best TDs in the entire division, mind.

He trained his TDD a lot since his injury. Getting taken down by Maia doesn't quite let us know what level it's at today. Maia has some of the best TDs in the entire division, mind.

maia only has a 30% takedown success rate. condit hasa a 40% takedown defense rate. didn't you listen to the stats.

Condit won that tittle fight against Lawler. Now he will probably retire without a belt, what a shame it is.

maia only has a 30% takedown success rate. condit hasa a 40% takedown defense rate. didn't you listen to the stats.
Nevermind the stats, actually watch how he manages to takedown every opponent.

Nevermind the stats, actually watch how he manages to takedown every opponent.

*Eventually takes down. He's not exactly an explosive take down artist. He's more of a plodding, do literally anything to get someone to the ground type of fighter. If you watched his 198 performance, he made zero effort at disguising his take downs and wasn't reliably successful, but it didn't matter because the few takedowns he landed were basically the end of the round.

...they actually have quite a few similarities come to think of it, although Condit is a better finisher and Holly has better TDD.

Condit has always been overrated. Been trying to tell Sherdog that for years but he has so many nuthuggers it's like whatevs

I believe the stat they gave during the fight was 30% success on take downs. That's not some of the best, in my opinion.

nahh. condit is a very aggressive striker with little TDD against very good wrestlers or with good takedowns.
that is his weakness even before the injury.

He's already mentally checked out of the game I think. The loss to Lawler really burned him

I believe the stat they gave during the fight was 30% success on take downs. That's not some of the best, in my opinion.
Maia's a chain wrestler - that's a bad stat to quote. He's usually going to fail on the first shot, but wrestling is more than a power double or a tricky single. When Maia wants you on the mat, you're going to the mat unless your takedown defense is elite.

Maia's a chain wrestler - that's a bad stat to quote. He's usually going to fail on the first shot, but wrestling is more than a power double or a tricky single. When Maia wants you on the mat, you're going to the mat unless your takedown defense is elite.
Someone who gets it. Maia, although strong as a oak, doesn't have that explosiveness to power double through people. He built his new TD game to match his strengths and it's working wonders.

Other than both of them being tall, training at Jackson-Wink, and sucking at defending the rear naked choke, I can't say I see much in common.

Back