Maia, nightmare for Wonderboy or not?

Don Guille S.

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
IMO it is. Wondrrboy has improved his TDD but i think Maia is too heavy and skilled for him and in the ground is a Nightmare for everyone.

What do you think sherbros, has Thompson any chances?

Wonderboy would beat maia. Maia can't come close enough to get him down and will probably get caught with something big after getting picked apart. Wonderboy fighting style, movement, range, and athleticism would be too much for maia.

Maia is a nightmare matchup for anyone in Welterweight.

Nightmares for each other depending where the fight takes place

I think Maia has a better shot at beating Wonderboy than Woodley but I'm not sure I'd say he's a nightmare match up for him either.

He's like a nightmare out of an anime version of a Lovecraft story. Basically an ancient octopus that fucks the shit out of you and sends you insane.

Condits running game oh i mean distance control is similar to WB and maia strangled him.

And thats maths class for today kids

I think they are each other's bad matchup, Wonderboy will keep his distance and pick him apart, and you can be sure that he will train extensively with Weidman and the other Canadian olympic wrestler for him (and Woodley also), once he Maia gets you down, it's mostly over. But, Maia hasn't faced anyone with strong takedown defense.. Nelson, Brown (especially) and Magny (again), don't have great wrestling ability.

Nightmares for each other depending where the fight takes place
Exactly. This will be the same debate no matter who Maia is fighting. Either Maia gets tagged or he gets someone's back. The only way to know for sure which will happen is to see the fight.

Wonderboy has very good TDD and he can make sure Maia doesn't get a chance to try by establishing distance with his kicks. if Maia gets a hold of wonderboy at all, he may be in deep trouble but I think most of the time he doesn't.

2 different styles both fighters has shown they're nightmares for their opponents. If Maia can't get the TD or clinch, it's a long night for him. If he can, it's a long/short night for Wonderboy.

I think they are each other's bad matchup, Wonderboy will keep his distance and pick him apart, and you can be sure that he will train extensively with Weidman and the other Canadian olympic wrestler for him (and Woodley also), once he Maia gets you down, it's mostly over. But, Maia hasn't faced anyone with strong takedown defense.. Nelson, Brown (especially) and Magny (again), don't have great wrestling ability.
Rory is pretty good at it. but, he lost.

thats a hard fight to call... I feel like its an easy win for whoever can dictate where the fight takes place, but I cant confidently say who would be able to.

I think Wonderboy might take Maia.. his distance and TDD is too good

I am not going to lie I never seen that quick of a finish or a finish that easy put on Carlos in 20 million years, I am still sitting here looking like I seen a naked ghost

Maia is a nightmare for anyone once it hits the mat. Can he take down Wonderboy? I don't know, it's going to be tough IMO.

IMO it is. Wondrrboy has improved his TDD but i think Maia is too heavy and skilled for him and in the ground is a Nightmare for everyone.

What do you think sherbros, has Thompson any chances?
See the Wonderboy Brown fight. Maia is not short little piece of shit like Hendricks that Wonderboy can bully with his range. The fight may or may not happen but I give Maia the edge over Wonderdog.

i think not. Wonderboy is as accurate as Anderson with the strikes but I would root for Maia because if the fight happens it prolly means wonder already is champion and had his turn

Back