Pettis vs Aldo for 145 interm belt

Aegon Spengler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Since McGregor is out with an injury for the next 6 months, might as well have Aldo defend his interm belt against Pettis. Ufc 205 would be perfect for that presuming they're both healthy. Aldo isn't a draw and would lkely pull out of the fight so it would have to be a co-main event, can't rely on him to main event anything, but, if he actually shows up it should be an interesting matchup. There's been some hype behind Aldo vs Pettis for a few years and the UFC could take advantage of that in the buildup.

Pettis has the tools to beat him if he works on his cardio. Aldo is a lot faster than Pettis but Pettis has some flashy moves and is a great finisher, on the ground and standing. I'd pick Aldo via UD but with Pettis, you never know.

hqdefault.jpg

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/12/...aldo-i-think-conor-got-in-his-head-before-ufc

This fight was sexier a couple years ago. But I'd still like to see it...

Max Holloway exists.

Holloway deserved TS way before Pettis. 9 fight win streak beats 1 fight win streak

I love the matchup but seriously: enough with Conor's bullshit defense ducking.

"Let x defend his interim belt"

LOL fucking ridiculous

Didnt we already have a interim belt fight in July.....with the sole intent to ensure that the next FW title fight was for the real title? Otherwise, why even bother with anything interim while all participants are heathy.

Guy who is 1-3 is in last four for title shot!!

McGregor is injured and can't fight any time soon, and who gives a shit about Holloway. Pettis is a former LW champion and has the showtime kick

pettis-kick-mmatko.gif

Showtime kick >>>> Holloway's win streak

McGregor is injured and can't fight any time soon, and who gives a shit about Holloway. Pettis is a former LW champion and has the showtime kick

pettis-kick-mmatko.gif

that was cool a few years ago but halloway is legit cleaning out the division Now.

pettis-kick-mmatko.gif

when ever you think that people can't get any more stupid, sherdog comes up with something else

Strip Conor do max vs Aldo
put pettis in a #1 contender match

McGregor already beat Holloway. Nobody wants to see Aldo lose to him and then have McGregor Holloway two. Nobody would pay for that, it's a waste of a fight.

Pettis vs McGregor, if Pettis beats Aldo, now that is interesting.

No. No. No. No. No.

No one should ever defend an interim belt. It's total fuckery.

Aldo's next fight is for the REAL belt and I don't care if Conor is his opponent.

Complete Wasteland ...

Holloway and many others deserve much more...

The only option is aldo vs max. Pettis can fight dennis bermudez or frankie edgar...

pettis-kick-mmatko.gif

For someone that said he practiced that kind of stuff in practice, it has been 6.5 years since he has done anything remotely close.

Back