Proof that Cm punk will be successful in his debut

Stillmyboy1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Guys in the WWE have had success as mma fighters and training mma. Cm Punk is known for doing bjj on the road during his time in wrestling and has been training hard for two years. If Brock can come in and win the belt, i'm sure CM punk can win at least one fight.

I would be more interested to see other wrestlers in their primes that could have came across to the ufc and been succesful based on having athletic backgrounds. Guys like Kurt angle (olympian), Jack swaggar and dolph ziggler (both div 1 all americans) and even Triple H and the Undertaker (natural fighting ability/legit tough guys) all would have made succesful mma fighters if they wanted too.

There is no reason to say Cm punk won't do well. Training under Duke Roufus and also being a wrestler which is arguably more physically demanding than fighting.

If you don't think Punk beats Gall you are simply delusional

Gall has only wrestled amateur whereas CM has been wrestling professionally for years. CM got this one in the bag.

Can you provide evidence that he will handle getting punched in the face multiple times? Fakey wrestlers seem to find out they don't like it.

Guys in the WWE have had success as mma fighters and training mma. Cm Punk is known for doing bjj on the road during his time in wrestling and has been training hard for two years. If Brock can come in and win the belt, i'm sure CM punk can win at least one fight.

I would be more interested to see other wrestlers in their primes that could have came across to the ufc and been succesful based on having athletic backgrounds. Guys like Kurt angle (olympian), Jack swaggar and dolph ziggler (both div 1 all americans) and even Triple H and the Undertaker (natural fighting ability/legit tough guys) all would have made succesful mma fighters if they wanted too.

There is no reason to say Cm punk won't do well. Training under Duke Roufus and also being a wrestler which is arguably more physically demanding than fighting.

Kurt Angle, Swagger and Ziggler yeah I can see it, HHH is a bodybuilder so no, Undertaker I don't know. He's been wrestling such a long time I don't know what his background was before that. He was remarkable for being very athletic and nimble for a big guy though, so I suppose there's something in that.

Brock has a ''real wrestling'' background and is a genetic freak. Punk not so much...

I think you're not pooping right TS. you need to be properly educated in the gracie way:

I think Punk is too broken down from years of wrestling. I remember hearing on Colt Cabana podcast of all the fucked up injuries he had, I just think it's a lot to ask of himself. But massive respect to him for trying. I'll be hoping Punk smashes him, I just can't see it happening.

img-3553963-1-Don-Flamenco-720x898.jpg
img-3553963-1-Don-Flamenco-720x898.jpg

Does Punk have a wrestling (high school, college, etc.) background outside of WWE? I'm not saying he can't do well but Brock has a wrestler's strength and athleticism that you can't just pick up by training 2-3 years. Brock's in his own category in that sense.

I hope for cm punks case he doesn't take 1 shit and just crumble to the canvas. If he survives 1 round I'll be impressed.

{<doc}

Obviously trolling. There's so much shit written, it gave me cancer

I just can't see it happening, I hope i'm wrong, but I suspect CM Punk is going to look pretty bad in his debut.

The difference with Brock is that he is an absolute freak athlete who entered the UFC when the HW division was shallow. He relied heavily on his size, strength and wrestling. I'm struggling to see what CM Punk will actually bring to the table.

Does Punk have a wrestling (high school, college, etc.) background outside of WWE? I'm not saying he can't do well but Brock has a wrestler's strength and athleticism that you can't just pick up by training 2-3 years. Brock's in his own category in that sense.

Nope, Punk doesn't have a wrestling background. When he did professional wrestling, he trained BJJ in his off-time, but nothing extreme. He can't be compared to Brock. He mainly only has the 2 years training with Duke. I still hope he wins, but I'll be surprised.

Back