Maia won't beat Tyron

Pikkon

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I don't see Tyron as a long time champ but his style beats Maias, he got wrestling base, low grawity and KO power, it will either be a early KO for Tyron or a boring dec.

Stephan on the other hand would pick Tyron apart and might KO him.

I think there's a strong possibility Maia can survive the early onset and get Tyrone in the mid to later rounds when he slows down.

No reason why Maia can't get Woodley down. Plus I think tyron would fight super conservative, knowing conceding a takedown would be death.

It's going to look like the Galvao fight. Woodley is too fast for Maia.

always underrating maia lol. story, fitch and magney all had strong wrestling bases. maia took every one of them down in less than a minute. woodley might be in his physical prime, able to last a few minutes longer, but unless he manages to land something deadly before the inevitable happens, he can get strangled just like they all do

He won't need to if Wonderboy already does.

That remains to be seen.
Woodley is fast but also fades fast... And he will be super cautious for his first or second title defense especially against someone that will maul him if it hits the ground..

And Maia ability to get the fight to the ground is criminally underrated..

Maia goes into vampire backpack mode and Woodley's lifeforce drains until he gets choked on his own hubris, fears, and desires.

It'll be like a scene out of Naruto.

I'm with you, TS. Maia is the man, but styles make fights. Woodley has the perfect skillset for beating Maia convincingly.

And no way Maia outruns him...

Maia goes into vampire backpack mode and Woodley's lifeforce drains until he gets choked on his own hubris, fears, and desires.

It'll be like a scene out of Naruto.
this post, and poster, is every awful fucking thing on earth in one collection of pixels.

but yeah, woodley is a good fighter, but by no means would he be a lock over maia

Never was a big Maia fan per se but thinking about it with the old guard first Lawler, then Bisping(next maybe Hendo) and now possibly seeing Maia as WW champ even for a minute would be cool

Yes he will.

The only problem is that Woodley won't be champ and Maia will probably fight Wonderboy.

Now Wonderboy is a challenge for Maia. That fight I'd like to see very much.

Woodley will probably never face Maia, since Wonderboy is the next in line.

Woodley is fast, but WB is faster and longer.

Woodley had great wrestling, but WB is now an in-law to Chris Weidman and I'd be very surprised to see Woodley have any sort of success in that dept.

Most likely scenario: Woodley keeps reaching for the Hail Mary overhand right while eating distance combos for a round or two until his soul leaves the building.

Maia vs. WB.. Idk. I still think the Weidman factor keeps Maia at bay for a while, but eventually the Brazillian takes the momentum and comes out with the belt. That fight is harder to predict than the Woodley fight.
I'm pretty sure Woodley knows who's knocking and he doesn't want to let them in.

i also think tyron is a challenging matchup for him because of his wrestling and power but maia could pull guard and sweep even if he can't take him down

I love when people use the Maia that fought Weedman as a frame of reference. Reminds me of how dumb this forum can get at times. Tyron's only chance (like the rest of them) is a quick first or second round KO/TKO imo...and let's please keep on point and remember we're talking about 2016 Maia (new name?). That's what I love about Maia, he's nicely improved and tweaked his style to what we see today (largely a massive improvement in wrestling, dropping weight class, game plan follow through, cardio and pacing himself). His technique is also as sharp as we've seen it.

Doesnt matter, tyron wont fight contenders. He thinks he can be match maker now.

I love when people use the Maia that fought Weedman as a frame of reference. Reminds me of how dumb this forum can get at times. Tyron's only chance (like the rest of them) is a quick first or second round KO/TKO imo...and let's please keep on point and remember we're talking about 2016 Maia (new name?). That's what I love about Maia, he's nicely improved and tweaked his style to what we see today (largely a massive improvement in wrestling, dropping weight class, game plan follow through, cardio and pacing himself). His technique is also as sharp as we've seen it.
That's a brutal avatar bro :D

Btw great post

I don't see Maia getting a takedown in the 1st, which I think makes it tough for him to survive but if he does he can get takedown when T Wood inevitably slows down. Real strategic fight.

this post, and poster, is every awful fucking thing on earth in one collection of pixels.

but yeah, woodley is a good fighter, but by no means would he be a lock over maia

<mma4><20><mma3>{<hhh]<7>bork1}

tumblr_neh4wupCAv1qm7imdo1_400.gif

tumblr_m6ywy3ZAfv1qgz2tq.gif

tumblr_m8la3eXvIq1r9cdhd.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back