Demian Maia vs Stephen Thompson for the interim WW title

Ivanhoe

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Demian Maia vs Stephen Thompson for the interim WW title at UFC 205. We all know where tyRUN iWOODley is headed by 'his' belt, he's running for the hills with it and we won't see him for a while. So we can plan ahead and keep the WW rolling on like it should be.

giphy.gif

Woodley has to fight one of them, I doubt he gets a choice in the matter. He's held the belt for about a month now?

Na let Wonderboy get his shot, and let Maia fight the winner

Why don't we just get interim titles for every division while we at it.

If anything it's a number one contender fight. Woodley hasn't even fought yet since winning. Maia gets Woodley Wonderboy winner is how it should be, or Maia Lawler in the meantime.

As much as I respect your choice of Ivanhoe as a tag... it hasn't been that long since Woodley earned his strap, a little soon to be calling for interim bouts.

If anything it's a number one contender fight. Woodley hasn't even fought yet since winning. Maia gets Woodley Wonderboy winner is how it should be, or Maia Lawler in the meantime.

Agree with everything except the last bit. Maia has done enough and deserves the title shot after the Wonderboy vs Woodley fight.

If Woodley was Conor, they´d make Maia and Wonderboy kill each other and would give him Nick Diaz.nick diaz deitado.jpg

Demian Maia vs Stephen Thompson for the interim WW title at UFC 205. We all know where tyRUN iWOODley is headed by 'his' belt, he's running for the hills with it and we won't see him for a while. So we can plan ahead and keep the WW rolling on like it should be.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is Woodley injured or something?

Or are you an idiot?

Didn't they announce Thompson is fighting Woodley for the title? And Maia will wait for the winner?

Maia earned the belt by beating Condit. The True Champ is Maia. Wondercan vs Wood Can is for the interim title

No , cause if you do that you will eliminate the next contender for the title shot.
1st its Stephen vs Tyrun , then Maia fights the winner.

Interim titles should only be employed in the case of a prolonged injury to the champ.

Why interim title? Why not #1 contenders fight? Assuming woodley gets his way and fights gsp next .

Back