Wonderboy ends Maia's dreams of title

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Maia is 38 so he won't get chances like that forever. Thompson has great TDD, he's difficult to catch and likes to kick hard from distance. He's also huge for a welterweight. Seriously tell me what you think but he won't easily be put to the ground like Condit.

If it goes to the ground then... fack

master-murilo-bustamante-btt01.jpg

"It's going to the ground."

These guys have been so awesome, respectful, and patient in the way they've gone bout getting a title shot that i want both guys to get their title shot. Which is very possible

WB is elusive, but I think it will look identical to what happened to Condit, it's just that WB will evade a bit longer.

Woodley's offensive wrestling could keep Maia at bay in the early rounds. This bout may come down to who's got better cardio, TWood or Maia.

frankly, i agree. if that fight happens, the heart will scream maia and the head will sullenly think thompson. but thats why we watch the fights. anything can happen. im excited to see whichever fights happen next. welterweight is fucking great right now.

If Wonderboy ever faces Maia, the build up to that fight would be the most polite one of all time.

Trains with 2 time NCAA Divsion 1 All American and hasn't been taken down in over 4 years in the octagon. I've got to pick Wonderboy.

I am sure BJJ TD's matchup better against Thompson than wrestling takedowns. You can't easily sprawl getting dragged to the ground.

I don't see Maia taking down Woodley so easily though. Both are definitely tough fights for him, but he just big-brothered Condit, so who even knows, crazy.

Maia actually went and did what we've always wanted a bjj ninja to do, get good at taking people down.

I'm not so sure, Maia isn't exactly the guy to attempt a power double. His trips will be hard for WB to defend.

Back