Conor vs Maia

Stillmyboy1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is an exciting match up and makes a lot of sense IMO if Maia wins the welterweight belt. It is a classic striker vs grappler match up. Who do you think takes it?

It seems this fight is one a lot of fans are already interested in seeing. Both guys are huge personalities and could easily make a big red panty night.

Thoughts?

This thread was just made and this is still my boy!

Liar. You just want Conor to get choked out in 20 secs.

This is an exciting match up and makes a lot of sense IMO if Maia wins the welterweight belt. It is a classic striker vs grappler match up. Who do you think takes it?

It seems this fight is one a lot of fans are already interested in seeing. Both guys are huge personalities and could easily make a big red panty night.

Thoughts?

Which Maia are we talking about here? If he's in his K-1 phase I can see Maia getting KTFO. Otherwise see Maia Nelson "WTF is happening to me, I've made a grave mistake" face below:

demian-maia-wrestles-with-gunnar-nelson-in-a-welterweight-fight-ufc-picture-id501174978

Which Maia are we talking about here? If he's in his K-1 phase I can see Maia getting KTFO. Otherwise see Maia Nelson "WTF is happening to me, I've made a grave mistake" face below:

demian-maia-wrestles-with-gunnar-nelson-in-a-welterweight-fight-ufc-picture-id501174978
Maia now obviously

Conor and Nelson are good friends....they look out for each other....Conor ain't takin this fight....

This fight would never make sense, especially if Maia wins the title. Conor is done with 170lbs.

This fight would never make sense, especially if Maia wins the title. Conor is done with 170lbs.
If it makes money, it makes sense. Conor vs Maia are arguably two of the biggest personalities in the game today. This fight could be ground breaking.

Seriously..i have done bjj for quite a long time. Im getting old but have done ok.
Im probs around 215 pounds. Or 15 stones here in the uk.
And i can still roll just about..

I would not take on damian maia with a gun.
He is just the best bjj fighter with.what i would call mma/bjj .you guys know what i mean.
He is the best..simple.
The man is a killer on the deck and conor would not last 2 minutes.

I love condit. But i have huge love for maia too.
His ground game for me is the best ever in mma..

I hope he gets to be a champion.

Maia now obviously

Silly question then. Pretty obvious 9/10 times he gets subbed.

Seriously..i have done bjj for quite a long time. Im getting old but have done ok.
Im probs around 215 pounds. Or 15 stones here in the uk.
And i can still roll just about..

I would not take on damian maia with a gun.
He is just the best bjj fighter with.what i would call mma/bjj .you guys know what i mean.
He is the best..simple.
The man is a killer on the deck and conor would not last 2 minutes.

I love condit. But i have huge love for maia too.
His ground game for me is the best ever in mma..

I hope he gets to be a champion.

Lame. I would absolutely take out Maia with a gun.

Conner via gogoplata round 3

Back