Why do TAM fighters get so much hype and inflated rankings?

Tormund

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cody Nolove best wins: Mizugaki & Almeida, Almeida never had a single ranked win yet was #7 when they fought, Mizugaki hasn't beaten a ranked fighter for years yet ranked #9 for their fight? Clearly a marketing tool.

PVZ: Best win: Rawlings (LOL). Much like Almeida, Paige doesn't have a single ranked win yet she's somehow ranked in the top 10 of her division? Again, clearly a marketing tool. Although at least she tried fighting a contender in Rose unlike Cody who hasn't faced a live body yet.

Faber: Gets title shot after beating Frankie Saenz, need I say more?

So why do TAM fighters get so much hype and favouritism? It's not like they're one of the elite camps, there's nothing even to suggest that any of them are a draw.

P4P the most protected gym in MMA.

Manlets are a dime a dozen, but a herd of manlets is just plain unusual.

Cruz got his title shot by beating mizugatekeep, PVZ has the most finishes in the history of her division. Oh and Cruz wanted both Garbrandt and Faber because he is afraid of rematching Dillasnek. Blame Cruz.

Cruz got his title shot by beating mizugatekeep, PVZ has the most finishes in the history of her division. Oh and Cruz wanted both Garbrandt and Faber because he is afraid of rematching Dillasnek. Blame Cruz.
To be fair Cruz never lost his belt, thats no worse than Jones and GSP getting title shots without winning a fight.

82292c3ef8aa905d34d9c847265e2fbb.jpg

Gotta be due to the manlet calendars.

Can you imagine how many finishes Joanna would have if she was fighting low level opposition like PVZ? Cruz got his title shot by never losing his belt and destroying Mizu over 2 years ago, Cruz is already proven as a fighter. When you get finished in 60 seconds by Dom you know you're shot.

To be fair Cruz never lost his belt, thats no worse than Jones and GSP getting title shots without winning a fight.

Cruz actually lost his belt.
Getting an immediate title shot does not make certain fighter a title holder.

More little people means more microchips can be hand made in the USA without expensive machinery. They're small enough to do all of the work with a nano-solder. Dana co-owns that, Foxconn sweatshop company and is trying to help make America great again by bringing jobs back to the U.S.! TAM is like a factory, producing labor of this caliber.

i dont know about 115, but it seems like the division only has like 12 fighters. i know van zant has beaten like 3 of them, so she has to be top ten.

faber has been a top tier fighter at 35 and 45 for like the last eight years. Only retards and/or children think otherwise.

Garbrandt is an interesting case. His last couple wins were over borderline top/ten guys, so clearly he deserves to be in the borderline top ten region or higher. but we have to say borderline because there are so many dudes who can beat each other, but haven't really shown it yet, because 1: they don't promote as many fights at that weight and 2: tons of top talent is outside the ufc. i think its impossible to accurately rank garbrandt, almeida, and other guys in their general talent level, for the time being. Just line them up and let them have a crack at cruz imo. doesn't matter.

Cruz actually lost his belt.
Getting an immediate title shot does not make certain fighter a title holder.
What does this even mean? Who did Cruz lose his belt to? If you're going to say injury then that isn't a loss, it's being forced to vacate it.

i dont know about 115, but it seems like the division only has like 12 fighters. i know van zant has beaten like 3 of them, so she has to be top ten.

faber has been a top tier fighter at 35 and 45 for like the last eight years. Only retards and/or children think otherwise.

Garbrandt is an interesting case. His last couple wins were over borderline top/ten guys, so clearly he deserves to be in the borderline top ten region or higher. but we have to say borderline because there are so many dudes who can beat each other, but haven't really shown it yet, because 1: they don't promote as many fights at that weight and 2: tons of top talent is outside the ufc. i think its impossible to accurately rank garbrandt, almeida, and other guys in their general talent level, for the time being. Just line them up and let them have a crack at cruz imo. doesn't matter.
LOL at that huge exaggeration about 115lbs, there's at least 20 fighters and realistically PVZ is somewhere from 13-20. Faber has been around for a while but him getting a title shot off Frankie Saenz is a joke, especially how bad he was in that fight. Mizu was a borderline top 10 about 2 years ago but he clearly has nothing left for the ranked guys anymore. Almeida didn't have a single ranked win so I don't get how he's a borderline top 10 guy, Garbrandt just keeps getting fights where his opponent will just stand in front of him to make him look good.

Both of the Divisions you mentioned are pretty weak. That's why those opponents were ranked when they probably should not have been.

PVZ is ranked because she beat Felice Herrig and Felice was ranked (14th I think) at that point, again, because the division is weak and the other ranked fighters kept losing. The division is also new, so it's hard to place everyone still. That's why Valerie Letourneau and Jessica Penne got title shots.

The reason Faber and Cody are getting title shots is because Team Alpha Male has a feud with Cruz and Cruz keeps requesting to fight them and UFC approves because they can build the story of TAM vs Cruz.

LOL at that huge exaggeration about 115lbs, there's at least 20 fighters and realistically PVZ is somewhere from 13-20. Faber has been around for a while but him getting a title shot off Frankie Saenz is a joke, especially how bad he was in that fight. Mizu was a borderline top 10 about 2 years ago but he clearly has nothing left for the ranked guys anymore. Almeida didn't have a single ranked win so I don't get how he's a borderline top 10 guy, Garbrandt just keeps getting fights where his opponent will just stand in front of him to make him look good.
almeida fucking killed brad pickett you postwhoring dweeb. of course he has a ranked win. that particular win ranked number one in fucking killing a guy.

faber got that title shot off of clearly being the best fighter in the division other than dillashaw, who had just lost to cruz. dont play dumb.

i dont really know or care about 115, but obviously van zant is going to murk any of the soccer moms who make up the division outside of the the top handful of actual pros.
and yeah, you right, garbrant was super coddled getting the undefeated almeida and professional make-everyone-other-than-torres-and-cruz-look-bad'er mizugaki. urijah is the fucking man and his posse runs shit under 155. deal with it.

almeida fucking killed brad pickett you postwhoring dweeb. of course he has a ranked win. that particular win ranked number one in fucking killing a guy.

faber got that title shot off of clearly being the best fighter in the division other than dillashaw, who had just lost to cruz. dont play dumb.

i dont really know or care about 115, but obviously van zant is going to murk any of the soccer moms who make up the division outside of the the top handful of actual pros.
and yeah, you right, garbrant was super coddled getting the undefeated almeida and professional make-everyone-other-than-torres-and-cruz-look-bad'er mizugaki. urijah is the fucking man and his posse runs shit under 155. deal with it.
LOL, Pickett wasn't ranked at BW you dumbass. I've never understood why people get so angry whenever TAM gets criticised.

Back