Who else thinks Pettis&Oliveira should get FotN bonus?

CaloLutadores

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I mean - I really liked the Miller & Lauzon fight, but the Pettis vs Oliveira was so much better in terms of both skill and drama. First Oliveira dominates Pettis with amazing transitions, than Anthony comes back and nearly knocks Brazilian out, then Charles comes back and beats and grapples the living shit out of Pettis to get caught in submission later...

I think that Lauzon and Miller got the bonus considering what their first fight looked like. They like to scrap and put on a show 4 years ago, so why not give them the bonus again?

It's the second time I think Oliveira was robbed of the Fight of the Night bonus. I was shocked that he didn't get one for his fight with Hioki, which was an amazing grappling show, while O'Connell and Villante received 50k for pretty much an average brawling fight.

Last edited:
They really should have just gave it to both fights. I didn't see how much the bonuses were tonight, but they are like 50-60k usually. Might as well throw it towards both fights, they all earned it and the extra 100k or so isn't gonna make a difference to the UFC.

I'm with you, bro. That was a sick fight.

Yeah, that was a more interesting and exciting fight to me than Lauzon-Miller 2.

Agree that Pettis - Oliveira was worthy of FOTN. I think Pettis absolutely dominated on the feet and while Oliveira was able to gain several dominant positions it was not quite as significant as the effective striking that Pettis was consistently delivering. Pettis was able to get out of those bad positions without much wear and tear. Oliveira head was snapped many times by Pettis and some quality body shots too. Very high caliber fight standing and on the ground.

I certainly think it deserved FOTN

Didn't see Lauzon-Miller but Pettis-Oliveira had so little lag time, so many techniques, and a shit ton of back and forth. One of the best 3 Rd fights I've seen in a while

Agree that Pettis - Oliveira was worthy of FOTN. I think Pettis absolutely dominated on the feet and while Oliveira was able to gain several dominant positions it was not quite as significant as the effective striking that Pettis was consistently delivering. Pettis was able to get out of those bad positions without much wear and tear. Oliveira head was snapped many times by Pettis and some quality body shots too. Very high caliber fight standing and on the ground.
Oliveira had his fair share of strikes in the second round and he won that round because of it and on the ground. The constant reversals on the ground and near finishes is why I would put this fight about Lauzon/Miller.

Very enjoyable fight, I liked it. Happy for Showtime but he still has a bunch of work to do to be a player at 145lbs.

I agree.

Lauzon/Miller was good, but nowhere near as good as the Pettis fight.

Yes, for sure.

Their fight was better and Pettis's submission of Oliveria deserved a POTN over Maia's.

It's supposed to be about the sub or KO itself, not it's place on the card. Maia's sub was extremely impressive, but not as flashy as the Guillotine.

Pettis must have done something to piss Dana off.

Back