Pettis' Chin can be a problem vs Conor...

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pettis can take a punch... Conor better bring something else to his game when faces Pettis.
Also Anthony's Kicks will bother the Irish man... Great fight to make in the future.

Aldo could take a punch too.. so could Mendes.

I bet his ability to take a punch will be less at FW than it was at LW.

I actually agree with TS. Regardless of the slump he was in, his chin was never in question. Showtime is a horrible match up for McNugget. Remenber styles make fights

hqdefault.jpg

There is a point where fighters no longer have good chin.

Pettis will get there once he faces conor in the octagon

there is not a FW alive that can handle conors left hand

He never fought someone who has Conor power and he was getting hit over and over again by someone with terrible striking in his last fight.

We will know if they fight, but I bet they won't because Pettis is in for a hard time against the top of FW.

He never fought someone who has Conor power and he was getting hit over and over again by someone with terrible striking in his last fight.

We will know if they fight, but I bet they won't because Pettis is in for a hard time against the top of FW.
Not if they match him up right

Pettis beats
Stephens again
Swanson
Lamas

Loses to
Holloway
Conor
Aldo

His Jiu JItsu and heart were fantastic last night. If he played the fight right, Pettis could finish Conor no problem. He is light years ahead of Conor in the grappling department.

And his striking didn't look bad at all, he just gassed hard in the first round hard and didn't have any snap.

I can't undestand why there is so much threads about Conor and Pettis, while there is 99% chance that Conor will never go back to 145 again.

I'd love to see this fight. Pettis has a chin and heart. That beating he took vs. RDA and he never looked for a way out, despite getting his orbital bone broke in the first round. I'd love to see this fight.

Pettis vs. Holloway would be a war. Lots of good matchups for him at 145.

But is his chin better than Diaz' ? Diaz has way better boxing than Pettis ( for MMA standards ) and he got dropped multiple times by Conor and when he didnt drop him he still tagged him. Pettis showed heart in this fight and he was losing the fight until he got that slick submission off his back. He wont take Conor down, ever, so my guess is Conor tags him a few times and he goes down. I'm no Conor hater or lover, I've grown tired of his stick actually, but Pettis has nothing for Conor. He'll stay in boxing range and TKO Pettis. Also, this is all assuming Conor even comes back to 145 again, which seems like he has no intention on doing.

Huge fan of both, but Conor takes this 8/10 times.
Pettis' kryptonite is pressure and Conor has good pressuring footwork... I see him landing that left hand over and over, meanwhile he is too close and pushing Pettis to the fence for pettis to get his hardest kicks out there...
Conor wins late first round TKO or early 2nd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back