Why are shertards bashing Paige`s knock out win, when just awhile ago....

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
..they were heavily drooling over Overeem`s tko over Arlovski? "OMG, Overeem is so amazing, what an amazing striker, look at those muscles!!".

original

l0MYDlyT33zUgkLQc.gif

"LOL, what a weak and horrible kick from Paige, WMMA is a joke, how can UFC have a fighter like Bec in their roster, what an embarrasing way to get knocked out" etc.

In fact, you could argue Paige`s kick is even more impressive because she actually dropped her opponent with it, while it is a lot more difficult to get a knock out in WMMA and especially at SW.

I dont even like Paige, I just think these obvious double standards people have here are funny, thats all.

Last edited:
..they were heavily drooling over Overeem`s tko over Arlovski? "OMG, Overeem is so amazing, what an amazing striker, look at those those muscles!!", etc.

original

l0MYDlyT33zUgkLQc.gif

"LOL, what a weak and horrible kick from Paige, WMMA is a joke, how can UFC have a fighter like Bec in their roster, what an embarrasing way to get knocked out" etc.

In fact, you could argue Paige`s kick is even more impressive because she actually dropped her opponent with it, while it is a lot more difficult to get a knock out in WMMA and especially at SW.

I dont even like Paige, I just think these obvious double standards people have here are funny, thats all.

There's no double standard. Ecoreem is a 250 lbs man. Paige is a 120 lbs woman. Overeem, with twice the weight, pulled off a similar switch kick with much more athleticism than Paige against a top striker in the HW division. Paige did a post modern dance move that knocked own a single mom. That's why she got bashed.

Because she gets more promotion than most fighters and that's apparently a deadly sin. SDers are like HS outcast kids hating on the cool kids.

Why should anyone bash Paige's knockout anyway

Just........ WHY

Never understood Sherdoggers, never will

I like PVZ, respect her efforts to grow her skills and brand.
I think its a great kick, it doesn't suck but Overeem was better.

There's no double standard. Ecoreem is a 250 lbs man. Paige is a 120 lbs woman. Overeem, with twice the weight, pulled off a similar switch kick with much more athleticism than Paige against a top striker in the HW division. Paige did a post modern dance move that knocked own a single mom. That's why she got bashed.

There is an obvious double standard and I know you know it and I know that you know that I know it. Overeem didnt even drop Arlovski with his kick, and lets not even start a discussion about Arlovski`s chin, or how much easier it is to get a knock out at HW.

And Overeem barely get off the ground, so lot at your "with much more athleticism". Paige might easily be athletically more gifted relative to his gender and size.

Sherdog 101.

1. Fighter 'A' wins by impressive KO
2. Sherdog quickly calls opponent a can
3. Repeat

Sherdog as a whole loves men with big muscles and bashes good looking women

So what? Paige is from the same weightclass and from the same "talent pool" her opponent was.

Guess so. I dont care anyway. I skipped the fight. Just like i do with any wmma fight.

Arlovksi = Bec Rawlings
confirmed
Overeems striking = PVZ's striking
because both threw one similar kick
confirmed

Using single mom (or soccer mom) to discredit fighters is stupid in WMMA. A lot of adult women are moms. Didn't your parents ever explain that to you?

It's evident to everyone that WMMA are less skilled than their male counterparts. We know. It's also evident that female athletes are less athletic than their male counterparts. We know. This is why women compete separately. But once we take that separation as a given, it's possible to discuss what female athletes do without having to constantly and detrimentally compare it what a male athlete would have been able to do. What kind of asshole watches Katie Ledecky win a gold medal and thinks "Phelps would smoke her in the 200?" And of course we have to consider the complicating factor of Paige Van Zant being overhyped and popular with casuals.

Is Paige a great fighter? Nope, not yet anyway. But did she end a fight by landing a switch kick to her opponent's head? As a matter of fact she did. Is this generally considered fucking awesome? Why, yes it is. Anyone not giving her credit for that moment is being a bit of an ass.

It was a great kick. Looked every bit as impressive as Overeem's.

Back