Is there a "ginger's revenge" element to all the Conor worshiping?

regmma123

Black Belt
Reaction score
I can't see any other explanation

A lot of people have fighters they like watching, but this level of worship and nut hugging is nearly unprecedented

A lot of people have fighters they like watching, but this level of worship and nut hugging is nearly unprecedented
first of all, I lol'd at the title its brilliant, 2nd of all I think the huggery is at a level to counteract the hatery its 50/50 as far as im concerned

He's not ginger enough for your stupid theory to be true

sDy2elC.gif

Conor is a good fighter, I will give him that. He is a good counter striker and utilizes his reach well. His performance against Max Holloway was impressive. Plus he has always shown up to fight

That being said he hasn't defended his belt a single time but people act like he's the second coming of Fedor or something

Last edited:
first of all, I lol'd at the title its brilliant, 2nd of all I think the huggery is at a level to counteract the hatery its 50/50 as far as im concerned
The only reason people hate on him is because he is extremely disrespectful and cocky..like he has some huge chip on his shoulder

The conor lovers and conor haters are as bad as eachother. Both camps are obsessed with conor.

The only reason people hate on him is because he is extremely disrespectful and cocky..like he has some huge chip on his shoulder

He's a successful pro fighter. This is true of almost all of them. He's a fun personality. It's not hard to figure out.

I think Conor being the greatest of all time AND most exciting of all time AND best personality of all time has more to do with it

He's extremely respectful to people who've earned it. Otherwise he's just being honest.

And TS, I know you need to get these hate threads going to cope with your depression about McGregor winning, but how many "Conor really sucks guys" threads do we need?

If he was not like that, then he would be just another boring fighter. Him being the way he is, is the reason why there is just as many haters who watch him, write about him.

In fact, i would say the haters promote him more.

For the record, conor is rich for being the way he is.He is not stupid and knows how to make money. Ali was exactly the same as conor, cocky, arrogant.

For the record, ali was a really nice bloke. It was business for ali. Same with conor.

Really? Really? Seriously? You can't see any other reason but ginger's revenge?

I-dont-believe-you.gif

It's the idolizing that annoy the crap out of his 'haters' more than anything

It's one thing to root for a guy, it's another to completely idolize and worship them

It's like his fans are little boys and he's a superhero to them. His haters are just saying grow up.

If we are just talking about Sherdog, it's Conor's fans that people hate more than Conor. Not the normal, "I think Conor is a great fighter that will win his next match," type of fans. But the type of fans that start 20 threads about him a day. The fans that talk about how he will destroy the welterweight champ. Fans that refuse to see that Nate match as a LW bout that was fought at 170, and consider Conor a legit WW now. Shit, I saw a thread the other day that was just talking about how Conor could fuck your girlfriend/wife if he wanted to, because that's how superior he is. I mean, for fucks sake. Having a favorite fighter, even being a "nuthugger" is one thing, but he's being worshiped as a God by a decent amount of people on here, and that shit breeds haters.

Maybe but seriously if you believed what the ufc tells you he is the best in the sport by far. Tgats gotta have a huge effect.

He's extremely respectful to people who've earned it. Otherwise he's just being honest.

And TS, I know you need to get these hate threads going to cope with your depression about McGregor winning, but how many "Conor really sucks guys" threads do we need?

That's the difference between his fanboys and real mma fans. I dont get depressed if a guy Im rooting for loses, and I don't care if conor wins or not. Iwanted Condit (if you know who that is) to win tonight but Maia (if you know who that is) proved to be the better fighter. I dont need to go trolling about how Maia sucks and Condit is more exciting etc etc. As a matter of fact, I think conor has a good chance of beating Aldo again in the rematch . I just want to see it

Back