Twitter reacts to Maia vs. Condit

Wow what a impressive display by Maia. To execute a flawless textbook victory like that against an experienced and tough fighter like Condit is very impressive. It wasn't like Maia really softened him up with punches or tried to tire Condit out, he simply took him down and submitted him like a instructor would do to a new opponent. Respect to Condit, he is a warrior at heart and one of the best welterweights of all time...I think that's what makes this victory all the more impressive. War Maia

Wow what a impressive display by Maia. To execute a flawless textbook victory like that against an experienced and tough fighter like Condit is very impressive. It wasn't like Maia really softened him up with punches or tried to tire Condit out, he simply took him down and submitted him like a instructor would do to a new opponent. Respect to Condit, he is a warrior at heart and one of the best welterweights of all time...I think that's what makes this victory all the more impressive. War Maia

Condit himself said that Maia caught him with a punch in halfguard that rattled him. He said he didn't want to take anymore punches and thats why he gave up the back so quick.

i wonder what will happen, both Wonderboy and Maia deserve TS

meanwhile Condit and Brown can fight at last

Condit himself said that Maia caught him with a punch in halfguard that rattled him. He said he didn't want to take anymore punches and thats why he gave up the back so quick.
Wow Maias GNP is better than I thought, clever mixing it up with Submissions very good game planning.

I don't recall GSP systematically and matter of factly finishing someone like that early in Round 1.

I don't recall GSP systematically and matter of factly finishing someone like that early in Round 1.
Maia has 3 finishes in his 6 fight winning streak, he finishes fights definitely

i wonder what will happen, both Wonderboy and Maia deserve TS

meanwhile Condit and Brown can fight at last
Brain Stann said during the post fight interview with Maia that Wonder v Woodley is happening live on the air.

I want Maia to get the shot, but I can live with Thompson going first. In that case Maia has every right to wait for the winner, just make Woodley/Thompson happen SOONER than later. Woodley sat on the sidelines, time to get busy and earn it.

Brain Stann said during the post fight interview with Maia that Wonder v Woodley is happening live on the air.
so Choosing One couldn't choose his opponent. Good news, but i still think Tyron KO's Wonderboy

Maia needs to get a title shot

Against winner of Woodley / Wonderboy imo. Therefore I would like to see Maia fight once more before that. He is active, he is presumably healthy.

What's with the MMA community acting like they've never seen a sub before

Not sure if troll but, its who was submitted and how fast that happened. Just to clear it up in case you aren't trolling.

I don't really see it that way. I guess a lot of people are just in shock that it ended that quickly. Like Aldo-McGregor. Most people accepted the possibility that McGregor could KO Aldo, but I think many were in shock when it happened it 13 seconds. And the same could be said about Rumble-Glover too.

Probably the most technically perfect fight ever executed against someone at Condits level

Considering he did it with minimal strikes thrown against Condit, its amazing

Back