Paper Champs

MMAJunkie

You cant keep a good man down
@Brown
Reaction score
First of all I respect all fighters who step in the cage... I've been around since day one of the UFC

I think it was Matt Hughes who said something along the lines of; your not a champ till you defended your title... Love what Conor has done for the sport but he needs to either sh!t or get off the pot already... That goes for Woodley too...

Your not a real champ until you defend your TITLE

First of all I respect all fighters who step in the cage... I've been around since day one of the UFC

I think it was Matt Hughes who said something along the lines of; your not a champ till you defended your title... Love what Conor has done for the sport but he needs to either sh!t or get off the pot already... That goes for Woodley too...

Some people say fighters only need to win 1 title fight to be "real champ". You say fighters need to win 2 title fights. I say fighters need to win 6 title fights. Seems arbitrary doesn't it?

Yup...Same old school beliefs as myself.

But Conor is NEVER defending that belt. They need to announce his next fight and then strip him. Let FW move on.

I really can't believe what a fraud the guy actually is. It's amazing. And people seriously try to call this clown the GOAT ? While a few fighters defended successfully 8, 9, or 10 times.

Fuck off... This fuckin guy hasn't defended a belt ever.

Some people say fighters only need to win 1 title fight to be "real champ". You say fighters need to win 2 title fights. I say fighters need to win 6 title fights. Seems arbitrary doesn't it?
How about at least one Title defense??? To show your win is not a fluke??? You know????

How about at least one Title defense??? To show your win is not a fluke??? You know????

Conor has done more for the UFC and FW in 2 years than Aldo has done in the past 6. He can defend his title when he feels like it.

Are you joking a champ needs to defend or he is no Champ

The specifics of how the title fight went would be a better indicator of whether or not the win was a fluke. A second matchup against a totally different opponent might not say much at all about the first fight.

And why specifically 1 defense? Why not 2? 3? 4?

This is not a hate thread on Conor but a thread to explain that this is a a joke to me...I don't care what any fighter had done... You win the belt you defend... I mean there are many people who don't believe Serra was a real champ and why do you think that is????

Your joking right?

Nope. How many times has Aldo pulled out of scheduled title fights? Add all of Aldo's title fight delays together. Give Conor that amount of time to defend his title. It's more than fair, considering how much more money Conor has made the UFC and how much more he has raised the profile of the division compared to Aldo.

The specifics of how the title fight went would be a better indicator of whether or not the win was a fluke. A second matchup against a totally different opponent might not say much at all about the first fight.

And why specifically 1 defense? Why not 2? 3? 4?
Just give me at least one Title defense....it's not that hard for you to understand... Defend your title...why wouldn't you want to defend it and show the world you are not a paper champ...and stop asking how many title defenses and realize what I'm saying instead...

Nope. How many times has Aldo pulled out of scheduled title fights? Add all of Aldo's title fight delays together. Give Conor that amount of time to defend his title. It's more than fair, considering how much more money Conor has made the UFC and how much more he has raised the profile of the division compared to Aldo.
Your a tool if you don't understand the importants of defending a title

I'd say Bisping is the #1 P4P Paper Champ.

Just give me at least one Title defense....it's not that hard for you to understand... Defend your title...why wouldn't you want to defend it and show the world you are not a paper champ...and stop asking how many title defenses and realize what I'm saying instead...
I'm asking you where you picked your number from. I'm asking how it isn't random. It seems like you pulled it out of your ass. Is there a rule or law somewhere that says "you must win 2 title fights exactly to be champion" ? Why isn't 1 enough? If it's not, then why is 2 suddenly enough? Why not more than 2? I just want to make sure there's some reasoning behind this magic number 2. Sounds like you're just talking nonsense, don't you think?

Your a tool if you don't understand the importants of defending a title

You're a tool if you don't understand the importance of business.

The UFC is just fine if Conor delays his FW defense for 1 year to chase bigger fights at LW. The UFC would be dead if all its champs sold PPVs like Jose Aldo.

There is an epidemic of paper champs currently in the UFC. Most TITLE HOLDERS would likely lose their belts if they defend it against the legit no. 1 contenders.

I'd say Bisping is the #1 P4P Paper Champ.

The only fighters holding paper championships are Woodley and Cormier, in my opinion, since Jones and St. Pierre were never actually beaten.

Beating the man in your division should be enough to justify you as a champion. And those two haven't done that (not their faults of course).

But I agree with TS that part of being a champion is defending the title, I just don't think it has to be a successful defense in order to be considered a champ.

or he can be like the other "real" champs and keep getting sidelined by injuries for up to a year at a time, or keep pulling out of title fights over nagging injuries to further delay his title reign.

quote-to-be-that-man-you-ve-got-to-beat-the-man-woooo-ric-flair-59-16-78.jpg

Back